The Student Room Group

Are these grades good enough for top canadian unis?

I got AABB at AS this summer. I'm hoping my predictions will be AAB or AAA for A2. Will this be enough for UofT, Mcgill, UBC, Waterloo?I got 6A* and 5As at GCSE.I'm thinking of doing computer science
Reply 1
1] This forum is mainly with regards to UK universities and students so i'd advise looking for a canadian foccused one for better answers
2] There are a fair few Canadian unis all with varying entry requirements so naturally i say look at their web sites for the answer

Broadly speaking I see no issue at all with them though, you just have to find the money to apply and study there.
Original post by hbaig27
I got AABB at AS this summer. I'm hoping my predictions will be AAB or AAA for A2. Will this be enough for UofT, Mcgill, UBC, Waterloo?I got 6A* and 5As at GCSE.I'm thinking of doing computer science

Most likely yes. However I don't think anyone knows or hears much of canadian unis.
Original post by hbaig27

Im thinking about going to a Canadian university too and your grades are good so you should get a place in a good uni.
Original post by hbaig27

Waterloo CompSci... Maybe. Apply. You aren't guaranteed. Like if the B you got is in Computing? It would be hard. Waterloo ranks 36th in the world for computer science.
Reply 5
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Waterloo CompSci... Maybe. Apply. You aren't guaranteed. Like if the B you got is in Computing? It would be hard. Waterloo ranks 36th in the world for computer science.

McGill is my first choice, any ideas if ill get it?
Original post by hbaig27
McGill is my first choice, any ideas if ill get it?

Depends on which Faculty you are applying for.
https://www.mcgill.ca/applying/how-we-make-decisions/minimum-grades-used-admission-previous-years/al
Reply 7

Computer science which is AAB, willl it be fine to just meet the requirement?
Original post by hbaig27
Computer science which is AAB, willl it be fine to just meet the requirement?

You're playing the lottery if you only aim for requirements. AAA will be a better guarantee of getting in.
Reply 9
Original post by zombiejon
You're playing the lottery if you only aim for requirements. AAA will be a better guarantee of getting in.

I'm not aiming for it but if worst comes to worst, I need to know my chances
Original post by hbaig27
I'm not aiming for it but if worst comes to worst, I need to know my chances

It will depend on extra curriculars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending