The Student Room Group

Which Universities Accept UCAS points?

Hi guys,
I'm kinda new here and i'm going into my second year at sixthform,
I sort of ballsed up my first year at sixthform only getting: ADUU meaning I had to drop two of my subjects picking up an AS and EPQ.
I know, even if I achieve excellent grades I will not be able to get into a very good university, but my question is:
Which Uni's accept ucas tariff points?
I know some of you's may encourage me to resit another year or stay on another year to get a third A2, but just out of curiosity is there a list of universities or a website that tells you which accept tariff points?
Thanks
Tommy :smile:
Original post by TommyCov
Hi guys,
I sort of ballsed up my first year at sixthform only getting: ADUU meaning I had to drop two of my subjects picking up an AS and EPQ.
I know, even if I achieve excellent grades I will not be able to get into a very good university, but my question is:
I know some of you's may encourage me to resit another year or stay on another year to get a third A2, but just out of curiosity is there a list of universities or a website that tells you which accept tariff points?
Thanks

The UCAS website lists entry requirements for each course - even in a specific university some courses may ask for 3 A levels while others will accept 2 + AS + EPQ.

There's no shortcuts for doing your own research I'm afraid.

Depending on your subjects then it might be worth investigating HND or Foundation Degree options - these 2 year courses can usually be topped up with a 3rd year to convert them into a full degree if you do well enough at university. Alternatively if you're willing to take an extra year then a foundation year might be an option but you'd need to do your research into whether that's a good route for you or not.
Reply 2
Original post by TommyCov
Hi guys,
Thanks

De Montfort University accept 300 UCAS points
Original post by Kyx
De Montfort University accept 300 UCAS points

Tariff points are changing for 2017 entry. 300 points in the new tariff would be more than AAAAAA at A level (6 A levels)

(and although *most* of their courses ask for the equivalent of BBB at A level there is a bit of variation between courses eg http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/pharmacy-mpharm-hons-degree/pharmacy-mpharm-hons.aspx asks for more, http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/photography-and-video-ba-degree/photography-and-video-ba-degree.aspx asks for less)
Reply 4
Hey guys, thanks for all your input & knowledge, it's appreciated :smile:
After doing some research if I achieve the grades I am aiming for with my 2 A2's an AS and EPQ I could do the degree I want (Business, Business Managenent etc) at quite a lot of universities.
Some I have found are: University of Hull, University of Demontfont, Bournemouth, Buckingham, Hertfordshire, there are a few more.
Are any of you here looking at any of these universities?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest