The Student Room Group

Is this combination of A-levels really hard?

I've chosen the A-levels Biology, English Lit, History and Govpol. I've heard that the first three are quite difficult A-level wise, will it be extremely hard for me to do a science and three essay based subjects?

I've done Bio, History and Eng Lit in GCSE and managed to get A's for all. What do you think?
Original post by sakikaru
I've chosen the A-levels Biology, English Lit, History and Govpol. I've heard that the first three are quite difficult A-level wise, will it be extremely hard for me to do a science and three essay based subjects?

I've done Bio, History and Eng Lit in GCSE and managed to get A's for all. What do you think?

Despite what a lot of people say, there isn't a general 'difficulty' for A Levels. Most people say (Further) Maths is possibly the hardest, but if you're good at it you'll find it easier than others. From experience, History and GovPol go really well together. If you're capable with essays and good at science, then you won't have a problem.
Sidenote: GCSE grades mean basically nothing. It's about getting your head down this year. I know a lot of people going from A*s and A's to D's.

Quick Reply

Latest