The Student Room Group

Is this fair?

So I got an email from the medic portal (a website which helps with medicine admissions) saying they can get a university admission tutor to check and give advice on my personal statement. However this costs £200, I can't spend that much money on my personal statement but I imagine some people can, does this give them an advantage just because they have the money?
Original post by Not_a_horse
So I got an email from the medic portal (a website which helps with medicine admissions) saying they can get a university admission tutor to check and give advice on my personal statement. However this costs £200, I can't spend that much money on my personal statement but I imagine some people can, does this give them an advantage just because they have the money?

Honestly not worth the trouble, or the money, to send off your personal statement. Each Uni looks for different things in personal statement, so sending off to one university might not benefit you in the long run.
If there is a particular university you are looking for, ask what they look for in particular, on the open day. :smile:
not really i guess but that's literally how everything in the world works unfortunately... you're generally a lot more advantaged if you have the money to buy all these extras.
You mean it's not fair?
£200? Definitely a ripoff.
My learning support keyworker I see every Thursday checks up on mine free of charge.
Some people just really want to be a doctor I guess and they have many reasons to do medicine rather than other jobs. Plus I go to a quite good grammar school and each year about 20 people get into medicine, maybe your school is much different.

Quick Reply

Latest