The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Non drinkers at york?

Are there many non drinkers at York usually during freshers week? I don't mind going out with drinking friends or being around drunk people, but was just wondering if there would be many people in this years freshers who do not drink :smile: It might be nice to hang out with some at some points.

Thanks
Original post by Jams132
Are there many non drinkers at York usually during freshers week? I don't mind going out with drinking friends or being around drunk people, but was just wondering if there would be many people in this years freshers who do not drink :smile: It might be nice to hang out with some at some points.

Thanks

I also don't drink - I'm hoping there will be some non-alcoholic-based events though it depends on what our individual colleges have organised.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Jams132

Thanks

I'm a non-drinker too!!!

Original post by doctorwhofan98
I also don't drink - I'm hoping there will be some non-alcoholic-based events though it depends on what our individual colleges have organised.

I e-mailed our college a few weeks ago and apparently it's standard policy to have drinking and non-drinking events on at the same time (like bowling or going to the cinema)
Original post by Aph
I'm a non-drinker too!!!

I e-mailed our college a few weeks ago and apparently it's standard policy to have drinking and non-drinking events on at the same time (like bowling or going to the cinema)

Oh great, thanks for looking into that! I'm hoping they'll release the full timetable soon.
Reply 4
Oh great, thanks for looking into that! I'm hoping they'll release the full timetable soon.

I didn't want to get any of the tickets without knowing first :biggrin:
I'm also of the understanding that timetables won't be published until move in weekend:frown:
Reply 5

Original post by Aph
I didn't want to get any of the tickets without knowing first :biggrin:
I'm also of the understanding that timetables won't be published until move in weekend:frown:

I saw there was a teetotal society, but It feels kind of like it's anti-alcohol instead of like a coll meetup society. You guys freshers, mature freshers, 2nd/3rd years? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Jams132
I saw there was a teetotal society, but It feels kind of like it's anti-alcohol instead of like a coll meetup society. You guys freshers, mature freshers, 2nd/3rd years? :smile:

I got the same feel from it as well as the atheist society. And we are both greasers :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Aph
I got the same feel from it as well as the atheist society. And we are both greasers :smile:

greasers? is that a term I don't know? :')
Reply 8
Original post by Jams132
greasers? is that a term I don't know? :':wink:

It means I missed the f and hit the g next to it.
Reply 9
Original post by Aph
It means I missed the f and hit the g next to it.

ahaha, just thought i'd check :P Glad some other non drinkers are coming along too though :biggrin: what you guys studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending