The Student Room Group

Should I tell my mom about my 15 year old sisters drinking?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sternumator
It's difficult for me to understand because if I told my parents that my sister was drinking at 15, they wouldn't care at all.

I think if you want to get involved, talk to the sister but I don't think it even warrants that. Telling tales is never a good approach. You make enemies and you gain nothing.

And if you are getting pissed twice a week, your parents will notice assuming you live with them. When you get home drunk, they will notice. When you are hung over and stink of booze the following day, they will notice. Even if you stay over elsewhere, it is going to be pretty obvious what you are up to.

They get home before their parents always. One of the parents of the three friends doesn't care so if it's going to be noticeable, they just have a 'sleepover' at that house.
First rule of life.

Spoiler

No don't be a snake
I thought it was legal for anyone over the age of 5 to drink alcohol on private premises?
Original post by L'absurde
First rule of life.

Spoiler

Are you the little sister? :teehee:
Original post by hamza772000
Are you the little sister? :teehee:

:colonhash:

Spoiler

I got paralytic at 15 and people reassured me it was normal lmao national differences eh
Original post by L'absurde
:colonhash:

Spoiler

'Twas just a guess, a wild assumption :dontknow: :mmm:
I first drunk alcohol when I was around 3 or 4 and I was drinking with meals from a very young age, I've given up drinking totally since it makes me nauseous, but I've never been drunk and think that paranoia over alcohol is more a result of cultural puritanism rather than well supported scientific advice.
Original post by ImagineCats
I got paralytic at 15 and people reassured me it was normal lmao national differences eh

At my high-school people were hotboxing camping tents and using fake ID's/marker pens to get into clubs and take E in the toilets, a 15 year old is drinking a bit is nothing.
Original post by I am 1/Cos(C)
At my high-school people were hotboxing camping tents and using fake ID's/marker pens to get into clubs and take E in the toilets, a 15 year old is drinking a bit is nothing.

Yeah exactly! Maybe OPs a troll? I dont see the huge issue tbh. Leave it to the kid to mess up their life if they want to, but most people know when they get a scare its time to cut back for a while
Lol, is this a joke thread, or nah?
Original post by ImagineCats
Yeah exactly! Maybe OPs a troll? I dont see the huge issue tbh. Leave it to the kid to mess up their life if they want to, but most people know when they get a scare its time to cut back for a while

Millennials are a bunch of pussies, it's sadly believable, we think going vegan is rebellious, very funny :rofl:
Yes, if their drinking now

What kind of Sla*gs do you think they'll turn into when they're 20?
I wouldn't tell your mum as your sister isn't breaking the law in any way. It's legal to drink from the age of 5 on private property
I started drinking at 15. Never anything major, I didn't get plastered or anything.

That being said I did ask my parents if they minded me going to parties where people were drinking.
Snitches get stitches
Do it! I was a heavy drinker at 15, if someone spoke to my parents I might've not got alcohol poisoning and nearly died. It's not good for your brain at that age, plus she's more likely to get addicted in the future if she drinks a lot now so someone should intervene
This is the UK: the kingdom of underage drinking. It would probably be worth telling your mother if she WASN't drinking at 15.
tbh it's really not abnormal for 15 year olds to drink

I would talk to your sister and see if you think she's being safe (i.e. is she drinking so much she's unconscious, are people sleeping around, getting in trouble with police, taking drugs etc) and if she's just getting a bit drunk at a mates house then I'd leave her to it - better to have an open dialogue and have her trust you in case she gets into trouble at any point as then she will come to you and not try and deal with it alone whereas if you tell on her she will probably carry on because she's 15 and won't listen but she also won't trust you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending