The Student Room Group

Racist attack on pregnant woman leaves unborn baby dead

http://news.sky.com/story/pregnant-woman-loses-baby-in-milton-keynes-racist-attack-10576663

Very saddening stuff, a woman suffered racial abuse in a shop and was followed by a man who then kicked her and killed her unborn baby, a 40 year old man was also injured during this vile assault.

Scroll to see replies

terrible.
Brexit voters should be tried as accessories to this crime
Original post by Betelgeuse-

tfw you think not wanting immigrants from europe, that are more often and than not white, is a racist idea.
Reply 4
should have his head severed.

Pure truth. Being Polish myself I'm also very shocked at the attacks on Polish people recently. What has this world come to?

There are Brexit voters who are racists and then there are Brexit voters who believed the EU was undemocratic.
Original post by MartynaJP6
Pure truth. Being Polish myself I'm also very shocked at the attacks on Polish people recently. What has this world come to?

We have opened Pandoras box now. Polish people are being systematically hunted across the UK by savages all because 17million people told them to by voting Brexit. The 17 million were under control and we made the mistake of allowing them to have their say
Original post by Jess_x
There are Brexit voters who are racists and then there are Brexit voters who believed the EU was undemocratic.

Pshhht they are all the same, every one of them has Nazi memorabilia and goes out looking to beat brown and eastern european people with sticks
We have opened Pandoras box now. Polish people are being systematically hunted across the UK by savages all because 17million people told them to by voting Brexit. The 17 million were under control and we made the mistake of allowing them to have their say

Sarcasm aside, I think Brexit has been indirectly responsible for a rise in hate crimes. The fact that everyone knows the majority of the country voted leave means that the average racist's negative feelings towards foreigners are legitimised to a small extent.

You are right. Completely correct.
Thing is, immigrants come to work. Most of them anyway. I know this may seem like I'm only saying this because I'm Polish, but during the Battle of Britain, Polish squadrons took down many of the German Luftwaffe. We helped Britain be a free country yet we get basically persecuted many years afterwards. Xenophobia is only growing and growing.
Original post by alevelstresss
Sarcasm aside, I think Brexit has been indirectly responsible for a rise in hate crimes. The fact that everyone knows the majority of the country voted leave means that the average racist's negative feelings towards foreigners are legitimised to a small extent.

Or it could be that news outlets are looking for narrative to sell you and they know 16 million are eager to buy. Hate crimes existed before Brexit, they will continue after it, only much more reported on due to the Brexit result

For example - Next time there is a genuine terrorist attack (The more significant and newsworthy the better for this example) Watch in the coming days the rise in the number of "Breaking news X shuts in bombscare" "Breaking news X man attacks Y"

It happens with benign apolitcal things aswell.. this summer there was a significant lightning strike which killed a few people in Europe.. the news then became awash for a couple of days about people dying from lightning strikes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Or it could be that news outlets are looking for narrative to sell you and they know 16 million are eager to buy

For example - Next time there is a genuine terrorist attack (The more significant and newsworthy the better for this example) Watch in the coming days the rise in the number of "Breaking news X shuts in bombscare" "Breaking news X man attacks Y"

It happens with benign apolitcal things aswell.. this summer there was a significant lightning strike which killed a few people in Europe.. the news then became awash for a couple of days about people dying from lightning strikes.

I'm not sure the BBC and Sky have newspapers, this is an online article, I can't see any physical capital to gain from this.

This rise in hate crime was recorded by the National Police Chief's Council. I can't see a narrative in them publishing valid statistics.

A flawless idea.

While we're at it, shall we hang all the Muslims for the crimes of ISIS?

No. So let's pipe down and support this poor woman and her family instead of pointing fingers at half of the UK
Can we all please acknowledge what is being described here is not racism. It is xenophobia. There are many races represented in all countries so to call it racism is just plain wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1010marina
A flawless idea.

While we're at it, shall we hang all the Muslims for the crimes of ISIS?

No. So let's pipe down and support this poor woman and her family instead of pointing fingers at half of the UK

I wonder what sarcasm is
It always surprises me how some inbred ****wits with no education can have a negative attitude towards foreigners because they 'take their jobs' etc. when in fact they are the lowest of the low and will always try to justify their failure by blaming someone else in order to feel better about themselves.
I know stereotypes & reality don't always match up but the bloke in the CCTV shot really does look like your stereotypical underclass lowlife skinhead. They probably left school at 16 with no GCSEs, didn't do any kind of further educational training & might not even have a job.

Hopefully the police catch the b@stard ASAP.
Yes, all of this is xenophobia, however it is also racist behaviour, it's discrimination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending