The Student Room Group

Suggested range of universities with these results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ageshallnot
Why does a gap between the conditions of your firm and your insurance matter?

Because I'm worried I would fall in the gap and end up getting AAA/AAB/A*AB and have to go to an ABB uni. :frown:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Because I'm worried I would fall in the gap and end up getting AAA/AAB/A*AB and have to go to an ABB uni. :frown:

In that case, simply don't apply to an ABB university such as Liverpool.
Reply 22

Are you sure you qualify for Bristol's contextual offer? If you don't then that's your AAA offer. And if you do then it's your AAB one...
Original post by jneill
Are you sure you qualify for Bristol's contextual offer? If you don't then that's your AAA offer. And if you do then it's your AAB one...

I definitely do qualify for the contextual offer, my sixth form is on their little list.

My post you quoted there is just reflecting my concerns that I might not get an offer from Bristol and then have this massive gulf between my firm and my insurance.

Bristol is really the key player in my choices because it would definitely either be my firm or my insurance (depending on other offers) if I got an offer, but if I don't get an offer then it throws everything out of whack. :s-smilie:

The only circumstance in which I would accept an offer from Manchester (AAA) is if I got rejected by both Cambridge/UCL (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). It seems strange wanting to go to a uni that has lower requirements...

Strategy and tactics... :afraid:
Reply 24
I definitely do qualify for the contextual offer, my sixth form is on their little list.

My post you quoted there is just reflecting my concerns that I might not get an offer from Bristol and then have this massive gulf between my firm and my insurance.

Bristol is really the key player in my choices because it would definitely either be my firm or my insurance (depending on other offers) if I got an offer, but if I don't get an offer then it throws everything out of whack. :s-smilie:

The only circumstance in which I would accept an offer from Manchester (AAA) is if I got rejected by both Cambridge/UCL (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). It seems strange wanting to go to a uni that has lower requirements...

Strategy and tactics... :afraid:

You'll get a Bristol offer. Chill :wink:
I've checked with most of the universities and Bristol and Manchester accept the BTEC Dist* as equivalent to an A*, whilst UCL does not.

Thats exactly what you need to do, just check to ensure because this could sway your decisions a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scrap Cambridge and go with something like Birmingham or Sheffield instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending