The Student Room Group

Help choosing a 5th university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jneill
The OP has A*A*A* prediction but is overly worried he's not going to get many offers, rather than his ability to make the offers. Hence putting lots of universities with A*AA requirements.

Yes that is exactly my concern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Don Joiner
Yes that is exactly my concern

Hence my use of the word "overly" :wink:
Reply 42
(edited 7 years ago)
you will get atleast 2-3 offers dw, apply 3 A*aa + oxbrige + insurance
Reply 44
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 45
If I don't get one of LSE, UCL or Warwick I will probably give up on life and live as a goat farmer in northern Mongolia

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not meant to be snobbish IN ANY WAY it's just I've really got my heart set on one of those three

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
If I don't get one of LSE, UCL or Warwick I will probably give up on life and live as a goat farmer in northern Mongolia

Warwick has a 60% offer rate. And your chances are much higher.

(Mongolian cashmere is not to be underestimated... :wink:
http://www1.american.edu/TED/mongolia.htm
Reply 47
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Haha interesting case study :wink: so you think Im likely to get Warwick?

God I hate this speculation I just want to apply and get an answer now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to leave you with your goats now...

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't apply to Oxbridge because:

Cambridge Economics: too mathematical as I only have AS Further Maths

Oxford Economics and Management: Ridiculously competitive (8% success rate) and teachers advise not to apply

Oxford PPE: not good enough at the TSA and not really interested in philosophy or politics that much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely give Oxford a go! With A*A*A* prediction you're going to be one of the top people (academically) that apply! So you have every shot! :smile:

Our teachers at school advised people not to go for Oxbridge as its more effort for them and they like being able to say that everyone that applied got in (ie they would only encourage you to apply if they thought it was a strong chance you got in) but ignore them! With those grades you'll always regret it if you don't... Don't let them put you down and stop you achieving your potential!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Definitely give Oxford a go! With A*A*A* prediction you're going to be one of the top people (academically) that apply! So you have every shot! :smile:

Our teachers at school advised people not to go for Oxbridge as its more effort for them and they like being able to say that everyone that applied got in (ie they would only encourage you to apply if they thought it was a strong chance you got in) but ignore them! With those grades you'll always regret it if you don't... Don't let them put you down and stop you achieving your potential!

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I already explained my reasons for not applying which aren't to do with my academic ability more to do with the natures of the courses!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
But I already explained my reasons for not applying which aren't to do with my academic ability more to do with the natures of the courses!

Except your reason for E+M wasn't to do with the course.

I can't apply to Oxbridge because:
Oxford Economics and Management: Ridiculously competitive (8% success rate) and teachers advise not to apply

Still worth a shot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because it's competitive doesn't mean you shouldn't apply! I was trying to say that academically you're going to be one of the top that apply so you have a good shot at getting in - why not just give it a go?

You should get offers from the other universities so this one is worth the risk (IMO)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Just because it's competitive doesn't mean you shouldn't apply! I was trying to say that academically you're going to be one of the top that apply so you have a good shot at getting in - why not just give it a go?

You should get offers from the other universities so this one is worth the risk (IMO)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this, plus infact I know many people who Warwick have rejected, and LSE too but have ended up going to Oxford or Cambridge, so just apply where you want realistically rather than by trying to judge how competitive the course is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending