The Student Room Group

Predicted B in Chemistry

Hi guys,

So I have been predicted an A* in Maths, A in biology and B in chemistry. DO you think if i get a good UKCAT i can still apply this year? And if so, what universities do you know that accept a predicted grade of B in chemistry ?

Thank you!
Original post by poptings
Hi guys,

So I have been predicted an A* in Maths, A in biology and B in chemistry. DO you think if i get a good UKCAT i can still apply this year? And if so, what universities do you know that accept a predicted grade of B in chemistry ?

Thank you!

You need to do your own research on this but the only school that comes to mind is Keele and I'm not even 100% sure about that. You need to look at websites/email unis to see if they would look at your application. You could also look to see if you're eligible for foundation programmes.
Reply 2
Original post by violin101
You need to do your own research on this but the only school that comes to mind is Keele and I'm not even 100% sure about that. You need to look at websites/email unis to see if they would look at your application. You could also look to see if you're eligible for foundation programmes.

Great, Thank you !
Hi guys,

Thank you!

Hi! I think you could try to convince your teacher to change the B to A given that you'll work extremely hard. Explain to them how you need an A in chemistry for medicine/dentistry. Every uni requires an A in chemisty, alternatively you can look at the foundation courses if you are eligilble. Did you take AS exams?
Reply 4
Original post by mithi98
Hi! I think you could try to convince your teacher to change the B to A given that you'll work extremely hard. Explain to them how you need an A in chemistry for medicine/dentistry. Every uni requires an A in chemisty, alternatively you can look at the foundation courses if you are eligilble. Did you take AS exams?

Yup I did take the AS exams. They did not go as planned (they were not bad but not as good as I hoped) and I've already tried with my teacher to increase the predicted grades but this is as high as he can go :/
Yup I did take the AS exams. They did not go as planned (they were not bad but not as good as I hoped) and I've already tried with my teacher to increase the predicted grades but this is as high as he can go :/

I see... maybe look at the foundation courses or apply to a different degree.. get the grades and then you apply as a graduate. I think UKCAT wouldn't really compensate A level predictions as you need to meet the minimum entry requirements to be considered for interview. Do some research and look at the options available for you. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by mithi98
I see... maybe look at the foundation courses or apply to a different degree.. get the grades and then you apply as a graduate. I think UKCAT wouldn't really compensate A level predictions as you need to meet the minimum entry requirements to be considered for interview. Do some research and look at the options available for you. Good luck!

Right ok, thanks for the advice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending