The Student Room Group

Ways into veterinary medicine

So I've always wanted to be a vet... At GCSE, I got 4 A's (including maths), 5 B's (including biology) and 3 C's (including chemistry).
Now I've just started year 12. I wanted to take biology, chemistry, maths and sociology/psychology for A-level, but the entry requirement for chemistry was a B or above, so I ended up having to swap it and chose economics.
I do have two other career paths in mind which I can get to with the subjects I have, but vetmed is the thing I REALLY want to do. So my question is - what are my options now? I am prepared to work as hard as I need to, I just don't know where to start.
Original post by Xetae
So I've always wanted to be a vet... At GCSE, I got 4 A's (including maths), 5 B's (including biology) and 3 C's (including chemistry).
Now I've just started year 12. I wanted to take biology, chemistry, maths and sociology/psychology for A-level, but the entry requirement for chemistry was a B or above, so I ended up having to swap it and chose economics.
I do have two other career paths in mind which I can get to with the subjects I have, but vetmed is the thing I REALLY want to do. So my question is - what are my options now? I am prepared to work as hard as I need to, I just don't know where to start.

Hey,
So you can't do vet med without chemistry as all the universities ask for chemistry at A level unfortunately, and the majority ask for a B in science at GCSE. I'm not entirely sure myself where you can go from here because without those grades you wouldn't be accepted into the vet med course, you would have to re-do your science GCSE and then do chemistry for A level. Even with a degree you're required at most of the universities to have chemistry at least at As level if not A level unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending