The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Thread for prospective applicants. (UG and PG)

Please refrain from posting information about interviews- it disadvantages people who have already had interviews, is against the law and ruins the purpose of MMIs.

Has anybody else been invited to the offer-holders day on Wednesday 1st Februrary
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I'm a prospective applicant like yourself. Although I am applying as a graduate down the GEM route.

Just curious though, I seem to find conflicting information online about which entrance exam St George's uses? Some sites list is a GAMSAT and others say UKCAT.

Do you or anyone else reading this know? I have emailed them but just waiting for a reply at the moment.
Reply 2
Gamsat for gem and ukcat for the five-year course.
Reply 3
Original post by dr_2b
Gamsat for gem and ukcat for the five-year course.

I was afraid of that. Thank dr_2b!
Reply 4
What are peoples stats that have applied to here? GCSE/A Level etc.
Reply 5
2:1 in Natural Sciences w/Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I want to apply here, what do you reckon my chances are?
GCSE: 4A* 7A
AS: AABC (in order maths, bio, chem, music)
Predicted: AAA
UKCAT: 663.3 AV (1990 total)
Do you think my stats are alright or is my UKCAT too low?:s-smilie:
Do you think st georges will offer clearing again for 2017 entry?
Reply 8
I'm a graduate looking to apply for the 5 year course here as a backup choice because I heard their UKCAT cut-off score is lower than most UKCAT universities. Stats:

2:1 Biomedical Science
A Level: ABC
GCSE: 5As 5Bs
Plenty of healthcare experience
UKCAT Total: 2060 Average: 690 Band 1
Reply 9
Does anyone know about the scoring process for St. George's??

So is anyone who meets the minimum requirements automatically invited for interview??
Or do they score you against other applicants and then choose those with the highest scores and invite them for interview??
Reply 10
Original post by AmaduM
I'm a graduate looking to apply for the 5 year course here as a backup choice because I heard their UKCAT cut-off score is lower than most UKCAT universities. Stats:

2:1 Biomedical Science
A Level: ABC
GCSE: 5As 5Bs
Plenty of healthcare experience
UKCAT Total: 2060 Average: 690 Band 1

I don't believe SGUL accept graduates on the 5 year course - it was certainly the case when I applied, and looking at the website (MBBS5, Entry Criteria under Exceptions) it seems to still be the case.
Reply 11
Original post by lc16079
I don't believe SGUL accept graduates on the 5 year course - it was certainly the case when I applied, and looking at the website (MBBS5, Entry Criteria under Exceptions) it seems to still be the case.

Oh wow I didn't even know. I'll have to check on the website too or email them. Wouldn't want to waste an application. Thanks for that information
Original post by d010534
Does anyone know about the scoring process for St. George's??

So is anyone who meets the minimum requirements automatically invited for interview??
Or do they score you against other applicants and then choose those with the highest scores and invite them for interview??

I really want to find this out too, it seems slightly too good to be true! I've been trying to get in contact with them...
Original post by Heisenberg___
I really want to find this out too, it seems slightly too good to be true! I've been trying to get in contact with them...

Crap. I was going to email them today to inquire. Do they not reply then??
Hey guysss, best of luck with applications! I'm now in my fourth year, so if you guys have any questions about SGUL lemme know. Although you're probably better off asking younger years for application-specific help as it's been so long since I applied, it's all changed :tongue:
Hi, will stats of 8A* and 2A at GCSE, AAAA at As, AAA (achieved) at GCSE, 670 UKCAT and band 1 SJT be ok? Just that some of my other choices are risky so I want to be safer with this option.
Thank you. Also, do they look at individual UKCAT sections? My VR is pretty shoddy (570).
I have a GCSE score of 458/464, and a ukcat score of 2030/ 677 average.

Is my ukcat score cutting it close? Is it worth applying, and after you meet the minimum cutoff score do they only use GCSEs to determine which candidates to interview?

Thanks
Hi Tania, as a 4th year you probably had some peers that were in the international program. Did all of them have to leave to complete years 3 & 4 in America? Or did any of them stay and finish up in London?

Also, would love to talk with you about the curriculum but perhaps not on this thread.
Applying for undergrad
GCSE's: 5 A*, 6 A
AS: AAAb
Predicted A-level: AAA
UKCAT: 708
Good luck to everyone. Any st George's commuters- would be interesting to know how it effected your experience or if many people commute :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tania<3
Hey guysss, best of luck with applications! I'm now in my fourth year, so if you guys have any questions about SGUL lemme know. Although you're probably better off asking younger years for application-specific help as it's been so long since I applied, it's all changed

Are SGUL lenient when people miss offers?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending