The Student Room Group

Can I. Go to uni with a D in maths

The rest of my grades are okay but I have a D in maths and will retake but if I do not pass can I still go to uni if I finish with a DDM OR DDD in my btec sport????
Reply 1
Most universities demand a C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics at least...
Original post by Secret service
The rest of my grades are okay but I have a D in maths and will retake but if I do not pass can I still go to uni if I finish with a DDM OR DDD in my btec sport????

Universities dont normally budge on the maths gcse requirement i m afraid.
Original post by claireestelle
Universities dont normally budge on the maths gcse requirement i m afraid.

So is it unlikely i will be acctepted ? have there beemn cases where people have been accepted? and what are my options with university then?
So is it unlikely i will be acctepted ? have there beemn cases where people have been accepted? and what are my options with university then?

It would only be mature students generally that would be accepted without it and even then that wouldnt be everybody. You should resit.
Generally a C minimum at GCSE in English and Maths is the pre-requisite.

That said, it seems you're looking at a first degree? If so you might get more use out of here outside the postgraduate forum tbh.
Reply 6

Resit Maths GCSE, without at least a C at GCSE Maths and English most universities will not accept you.
Should i still apply and state on my application that i am resiting
best way to pass this stuid gcse??? i have resat it twice!!!

Quick Reply

Latest