The Student Room Group

Guys, how can girls improve their looks?

Scroll to see replies

Just be more confident, you really don't need make-up, tbh it brings more problems than it solves.
Hit the squat rack and go from a four to an eleven out of ten
Original post by ShannyMorrison
I unfortunately wasn't gifted in the looks department. I'm not so ugly I break mirrors or anything and I'm pretty sure my mum didn't think about drowning me at birth. Also, I've managed to secure myself some wonderful partners over the years.

However, I have one motherducking face that needs improving. Don't tell me 'you're perfect the way you are' because if I wanted to hear that I'd have asked my mum for advice, not the internet. Don't get cute with me.

What can make a girl go from a 4 to a 9?

...or even a 4 to a 4.5 because, you know, everything's appreciated.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
:colonhash: ^^

Looks like I didn't impress you, should I leave?
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
Smooth af :colonhash:

what was
Honest answer as to how a girl can improve their looks, for me:

Keep your hair in good condition
Nails & teeth well looked after
Lift weights & improve your physique (particularly legs), DON'T become one of those ****ing annoying women who think they're a ****ing superhero and deserve recognition because they're female and lift weights though

I think that's basically it. Good hygiene and a decent physique.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
I'll be a free coach, re-evaluate the above sentence.

I hope you can tell that I don't actually talk like that and I'm just baiting you, yeah?
I hope you can tell that I don't actually talk like that and I'm just baiting you, yeah?

We both, ironically, don't know each other too well.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Just be more confident, you really don't need make-up, tbh it brings more problems than it solves.

I suppose it does in a way doesn't it? I'm guessing you prefer being make up free yourself?
I suppose it does in a way doesn't it? I'm guessing you prefer being make up free yourself?

Most of the time yes, I occasionally put eyeliner on if I go out or something :smile:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
We both, ironically, don't know each other too well.

Touche :biggrin: but honestly, I don't think I'd have ever had a partner of any description if I went around talking like that.
Touche :biggrin: but honestly, I don't think I'd have ever had a partner of any description if I went around talking like that.

Hahaha, duh!
God, it's so irksome but I find that when I start talking like that ironically, it becomes a habit D:
Most of the time yes, I occasionally put eyeliner on if I go out or something :smile:

I know this might seem like I'm rambling, so sorry in advance, but there's a girl in my college class who always wears a face full of make up. This isn't me slandering her, it's beautifully done and you can tell she puts a lot of time and effort into it.

The thing is that whenever she goes out or has an event, she can't look 'done up' anymore because that's her everyday look :frown: such a shame really, isn't it?

I think the way you do it is the best way
I know this might seem like I'm rambling, so sorry in advance, but there's a girl in my college class who always wears a face full of make up. This isn't me slandering her, it's beautifully done and you can tell she puts a lot of time and effort into it.

The thing is that whenever she goes out or has an event, she can't look 'done up' anymore because that's her everyday look :frown: such a shame really, isn't it?

I think the way you do it is the best way

Maybe she uses different make-up when she goes out. It's fun to experiment with different looks, especially if it makes her feel happy. :smile:
I don't actually have a picture, I've only just realised this :':wink: sorry, I really didn't think that through

lies. just post it dont be shy.
Maybe she uses different make-up when she goes out. It's fun to experiment with different looks, especially if it makes her feel happy. :smile:

She admitted that she doesn't, but she has body dysmorphia so it's really not her fault. I think she's feeling better now she has therapy
She admitted that she doesn't, but she has body dysmorphia so it's really not her fault. I think she's feeling better now she has therapy

Aww, that's unfortunate. :frown:
It's good that she's getting help though.
Original post by Anonymous
lies. just post it dont be shy.

I look different to all my pictures, the last picture I took I was two years younger, I also had hair that was long and brunette. I got 8" cut off the other day and I died it a lighter colour so old ones are pretty useless
Looks like I didn't impress you, should I leave?

Nope :P
I look different to all my pictures, the last picture I took I was two years younger, I also had hair that was long and brunette. I got 8" cut off the other day and I died it a lighter colour so old ones are pretty useless

Take a new one.
Oh please. I'm so ugly that I'm a 24 year old girl who's never been able to get a boyfriend. You have no right to be complaining about your looks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending