The Student Room Group

I ****ing failed myself

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm sitting here in the middle of an introductory lecture thinking about how I ****ing failed myself. I went from 11A*'s at GCSE's to ****ing up at A levels. I'm now sitting in a lecture hall at a *****y uni which I commute to, surrounded by business btec students who are your typical roadmen that can't form sentences and I want the ground to swallow me up. I already know I'm going to break down as soon as I leave this lecture hall.

Lmao do what I did, quit and resit your a-levels
I feel bad for you :frown: the exact same thing happened to me- 12 A*/A GCSE then messed up my AS levels so went to a *****y uni (Aston). BUUUT I got a first there for bachelors and now I'm going to Imperial for masters- so its not the end of the world. Good luck :smile:

Aston Business School is quite prestigous, no?

Original post by Aaron Bernbaum
Go home and think of a plan to get yourself out of the mess you're in, the longer you wait the worse this s**t will become

I'm sinking into depression. I bumped into secondary school mates the other day and the look they gave me when they realised where I ended up. I think the best thing for me is to just transfer..

Original post by Twinpeaks
Why didn't you take a year off, resit and reapply?

People feel too much pressure to go to uni straight away, and because of that they end up in a uni they wouldn't choose, and a course they don't like.

It makes no sense to me.

My AS grades were **** and I carried them on to A2. My A2 grades were *****er but I didn't retake cause that would mean retaking the 2 years. Idek anymore. I'm a ****ing mess.

Original post by vybzkartel
you could've retaken your AS year lol

I'm a ****ing dumbass
Thankss, I don't think I was arrogant, the a level subjects were completely wrong for me tbh

Yeah, hated them. I had always been naturally good at english. Maths was always a struggle for me (I only got top grades if I spent hoursss revising) so naturally I picked maths at a level (!) Mainly because everyone was pushing me to pick it because I was so 'academic'

I picked maths A level with a B at GCSE for some reason, worked hard and.... came out with an E xD
Well, what's done is done. You can't change that - you remind me of an old friend, he got brilliant GCSE results and then we fell out of contact, the last I heard was that he had done badly in his A levels because he tried to ride those prior results.

If you're becoming depressed, I can try to recommend that you find an activity that you really enjoy (for me it was role-playing games and video games) and try to take your mind off the sadness. But anyways - you kick the ass of that course, no matter how s**** I bet you can do it and walk away with a first. Then you could find something you really wanted to do and use your business skills to get to a good place. I mean you can always make the best of a bad situation - even if you are surrounded by idiots. You've got us here rooting for you :smile: xxxx
This is so funny cos i can 100% relate.
I'm into my second year now and the roadmans have dropped out :biggrin:
Original post by junayd1998
A levels separate the boys from the men

lol
Original post by SuperHuman98
I picked maths A level with a B at GCSE for some reason, worked hard and.... came out with an E xD

Lool I can relate.. I got an A* in maths and got a D at A level fml
Original post by SilverActor2033
Well, what's done is done. You can't change that - you remind me of an old friend, he got brilliant GCSE results and then we fell out of contact, the last I heard was that he had done badly in his A levels because he tried to ride those prior results.

If you're becoming depressed, I can try to recommend that you find an activity that you really enjoy (for me it was role-playing games and video games) and try to take your mind off the sadness. But anyways - you kick the ass of that course, no matter how s**** I bet you can do it and walk away with a first. Then you could find something you really wanted to do and use your business skills to get to a good place. I mean you can always make the best of a bad situation - even if you are surrounded by idiots. You've got us here rooting for you :smile: xxxx

This made my *****y day a little bit brighter, thank you.

Original post by samina_ay
This is so funny cos i can 100% relate.
I'm into my second year now and the roadmans have dropped out :biggrin:

Are you at bcu as well? Its the worse :frown: They all think they're gonna become the next lord aleem but they can barely form coherent sentences.
Oh my gosh PM me!

I know what you mean, going from being in top set at GCSE to f***ing up A-levels is SO depressing.

I get you.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Are you at bcu as well? Its the worse :frown: They all think they're gonna become the next lord aleem but they can barely form coherent sentences.

omfg :redface: I know you're sad but that made me laugh so hard.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by junayd1998
A levels separate the boys from the men

Clearly so does the flower crown filter.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you ever need to talk - feel free to PM me at any time. I understand how you feel and would be happy to try to help :smile:
This made my *****y day a little bit brighter, thank you.

Nope i study at bradford college lmao, so u can imagine how its like
I really feel for you m8. :hugs:

My A Levels were decent but didn't get me to where I wanted to go.

Then settled for a pretty average uni and inevitably ended up leaving. All sorts of other things have gone wrong for me on top of this.

My advice. Get to a place where you feel you belong. No point being anywhere you feel ashamed to be.

At this rate you won't have any motivation to work hard. You probably won't make any friends.

I sort of had to save myself before I fell any further. Maybe you should do the same. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Oh my gosh PM me!

I know what you mean, going from being in top set at GCSE to f***ing up A-levels is SO depressing.

I get you.

Spoiler

Original post by SilverActor2033
If you ever need to talk - feel free to PM me at any time. I understand how you feel and would be happy to try to help :smile:

I'm revising for my theory test rn (nothings going in tho :frown: cause I just feel so ****) but I'm deffo gonna pm you guys about my story in detail and I hope you can provide some advice (if you don't mind) but thanks for being so nice tho. I literally try to put on a brave face everyday when deep down I want to die.
Original post by stefano865
I really feel for you m8. :hugs:

My A Levels were decent but didn't get me to where I wanted to go.

Then settled for a pretty average uni and inevitably ended up leaving. All sorts of other things have gone wrong for me on top of this.

My advice. Get to a place where you feel you belong. No point being anywhere you feel ashamed to be.

At this rate you won't have any motivation to work hard. You probably won't make any friends.

I sort of had to save myself before I fell any further. Maybe you should do the same. :smile:

Did you end up where you wanted to be? I want to transfer but I also want to sit in a dark room and cry for the rest of my life.
I did the very same thing, not through being too confident but I messed up the important grades nonetheless. A girl who could have easily got 5As ended up with ABCDF (I kid you not).

I can't get into University at all and have to go to community college as a stepping stone. My advice as someone who has been there?

Suck it up and learn from the mistake. I haven't missed a homework deadline since coming to college, I haven't allowed myself to fail anything and have tried super hard just so a University may consider me in the end based off of my work ethic, dedication and the way I've taken responsibility

You may well climb up the university ladder yet - keep trying, keep learning.
Did you end up where you wanted to be? I want to transfer but I also want to sit in a dark room and cry for the rest of my life.

Not yet. May go back in the next few years.

But in a much better position than a year ago.

I've been there. :frown:

It's tough when things don't work out at these key stages in life. I have already lost so much time. Life has practically curled a turd on my forehead. :facepalm:

Don't give up. PM me if you like. :smile:

university is a completely different ball game to a levels. Now that you have made it this far, pull your socks up, do the readings and get on with the work.

This is why so many people drop out of university. They don't realise that they will be required to take charge of their own learning trajectories/destiny!
Original post by ShannyMorrison
I did the very same thing, not through being too confident but I messed up the important grades nonetheless. A girl who could have easily got 5As ended up with ABCDF (I kid you not).

I can't get into University at all and have to go to community college as a stepping stone. My advice as someone who has been there?

Suck it up and learn from the mistake. I haven't missed a homework deadline since coming to college, I haven't allowed myself to fail anything and have tried super hard just so a University may consider me in the end based off of my work ethic, dedication and the way I've taken responsibility

You may well climb up the university ladder yet - keep trying, keep learning.

ABC is good enough to get in to lots of universities, what are you talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending