The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Am I likely to be accepted into Exeter?

Hi everyone. My predicted grades for A2 are A*AA/A*AB (My History teacher still hasn't decided whether to predict me a B or an A). However, I got BCD in my AS levels despite doing really well all year round.

I am applying for Law and I know Exeter does make offers for Law on predicted grades of AAB and above. However, would my low AS grades put me at a significant disadvantage when applying? Should I wait to apply to Exeter next year when I get my (hopefully significantly better) A2 results?
Original post by artemis_
hi everyone. My predicted grades for a2 are a*aa/a*ab (my history teacher still hasn't decided whether to predict me a b or an a). However, i got bcd in my as levels despite doing really well all year round.

I am applying for law and i know exeter does make offers for law on predicted grades of aab and above. However, would my low as grades put me at a significant disadvantage when applying? Should i wait to apply to exeter next year when i get my (hopefully significantly better) a2 results?

c---> a wtf
b---> a* wtf
d---> a/b wtf
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Even if you are predicted A*AB, I doubt universities would believe that you would be able to achieve those grades, given your AS results. There's no harm in applying this year, but I think your application would be much stronger with a good set of A2/A-Level grades.

Original post by Artemis_
Hi everyone. My predicted grades for A2 are A*AA/A*AB (My History teacher still hasn't decided whether to predict me a B or an A). However, I got BCD in my AS levels despite doing really well all year round.

I am applying for Law and I know Exeter does make offers for Law on predicted grades of AAB and above. However, would my low AS grades put me at a significant disadvantage when applying? Should I wait to apply to Exeter next year when I get my (hopefully significantly better) A2 results?
I mean you can always give it a go, and if it doesn't work out reapply next year with your actual A2 grades. Those predictions aren't looking very realistic though, so that could be an issue - especially if they aren't justified by your referee.
Reply 4
Original post by citibankrec
c---> a wtf
b---> a* wtf
d---> a/b wtf

b to a* isn't that unrealistic for example I know people who got an A in AS chemistry and B at a2, whilst people with a B in AS chemistry getting an A* at a2.

D to B is doable depending on natural academic ability and depends if the D was gained because you didn't work hard or because the person is actually ****/
Reply 5
Original post by medhelp
b to a* isn't that unrealistic for example I know people who got an A in AS chemistry and B at a2, whilst people with a B in AS chemistry getting an A* at a2.

D to B is doable depending on natural academic ability and depends if the D was gained because you didn't work hard or because the person is actually ****/

D was gained because i was going through a rlly hard time around exam season, nothing to do with taking exams but it did affect how my exams went
Reply 6
Original post by victoria98
I mean you can always give it a go, and if it doesn't work out reapply next year with your actual A2 grades. Those predictions aren't looking very realistic though, so that could be an issue - especially if they aren't justified by your referee.

My references from my teachers are good, I did achieve As almost all year round in my mocks so would that help?
Another example of teachers abusing the predicted grades system
Original post by Artemis_
D was gained because i was going through a rlly hard time around exam season, nothing to do with taking exams but it did affect how my exams went

Depending on what the "really hard time" means, it seems that you have "extenuating circumstances" so you should definitely let the uni know about it. I'm just another applicant, but I know this because I'm a mature student and we're more or less in the same boat, although I'm a post-qualification applicant.
Tbf law is pretty popular and those grades even if your teachers predict you are very high, unless the extenuating circumstances plays a factor it's pretty unlikely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending