The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What do I have to do to get an AAB offer from Exeter?

I'm currently in Year 12 but would love to study Law at Exeter. On their website it says AAA-AAB; what would one have to do to get an AAB offer?
Reply 1
Original post by sahil19
I'm currently in Year 12 but would love to study Law at Exeter. On their website it says AAA-AAB; what would one have to do to get an AAB offer?

Have high AS grades.

Even if they give you an AAA offer, all unis are likely to be lenient.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Wring
Have high AS grades.

Even if they give you an AAA offer, all unis are likely to be lenient.

ah brilliant, so if my AS grades are high and in my A levels I were to get AAB when they gave me an AAA offer they'd be a chance that I could still get in?
Reply 3
Original post by sahil19
ah brilliant, so if my AS grades are high and in my A levels I were to get AAB when they gave me an AAA offer they'd be a chance that I could still get in?

Yeah

Good luck in your studies
Reply 4
Original post by Wring
Yeah

Good luck in your studies

Thanks mate!
Original post by sahil19

Hey I also plan to do Law,and i am considering Exeter too

Do you know if they have any GCSE requirements( i tried to look on their website)

By this I also mean if they're like Oxford and LSE,stringent on GCSES,or if they're like Cambridge,more focused on AS..
Most people from my school got offers of the lower grades even if their predicted grades were at the top of the range, probably because it was a contextual offer
Reply 7
Original post by Blancosdos
Hey I also plan to do Law,and i am considering Exeter too

Do you know if they have any GCSE requirements( i tried to look on their website)

By this I also mean if they're like Oxford and LSE,stringent on GCSES,or if they're like Cambridge,more focused on AS..

From what I understand they don't care about GCSE's. I imagine you need 5 A*-C grades minimum though
Do Pathways to Law: Exeter give you offers of ABB if you do
Where a 'grade range' like this is on a course page, its usually that the lower offer is for those from low-performaing schools (called 'Contextual' offers or 'Widening Participation' offers).

If this isnt clear from the website, email the Uni and ASK. Never, ever, just assume/hope that you qualify for a lower offer!

Lots of advice about this - and other important things - in How to Avoid 5 Rejections : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=20445-how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
I'm applying for this year and if you check their website/UCAS for some subjects they will require an A grade at GCSE (or above) in a specific subject. For example if you're looking to study English (Q300, like me) they ask for an A in English Lit and/or Lang at GCSE.

According to last year my college is considered a low performing school. I got ABBD (continuing with ABB grades) and have 10 A*-B grades (2*, 1B, rest A's). Am I likely to get an offer of AAB?
Original post by sahil19

AAB is the 'Contextual Offer' which comes about through various things.

See: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/applications/policy/#context

Sometimes if they feel you have a notable profile they may offer you lower at their discretion. (I know someone who was offered BBB for an AAA course)

Good Luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Taylor_Watson12
AAB is the 'Contextual Offer' which comes about through various things.

See: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/applications/policy/#context

Sometimes if they feel you have a notable profile they may offer you lower at their discretion. (I know someone who was offered BBB for an AAA course)

Good Luck!

thanks so much!
Reply 13
I have not met a single person at Exeter law who got AAB let alone an offer of that sort. All have AAA and above...
Reply 14
I don't want to do law anymore haha; econ/pol joint honours. Exeter's entry requirements is A*AA-AAB haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending