how hard is driving manual

how long did it take you to pass? i want to learn quick lol
idk why I'm anonymous
Reply 1
helooooo
Original post by Anonymous
how long did it take you to pass? i want to learn quick lol
idk why I'm anonymous

everyone learns differently and catch up things at a different pace! once you get the basics of gearing and clutching then you'll be fine :yep:
Reply 3
Gears aren't as hard as they look. Actually, I find that they make it easier to drive because you've got more control over your speed.
I'm finding it quite difficult - bearing in mind that I have no prior knowledge on what is in the car and how to drive a car whatsoever and I've only had about 9 lessons.
But i am getting used to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really depends on you. Some people pick up all the physical stuff quickly, others it takes them a lot of time. It's pretty much just developing habits and learning clutch control, though.

Original post by sek510i
Gears aren't as hard as they look. Actually, I find that they make it easier to drive because you've got more control over your speed.

Eh??? In an auto you press the accelerator to speed up, you release it to start slowing down and press the brake to slow down quicker. You're 100% in control of your own speed.
i find it really hard, but everyone's different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by WoodyMKC
Eh??? In an auto you press the accelerator to speed up, you release it to start slowing down and press the brake to slow down quicker. You're 100% in control of your own speed.

In a manual, you can use your gears to keep your speed in check when you're heading downhill. No need for breaking, lower gear = lower speed.

Also, being able to chose higher gears on wet weather or snow keeps the car under control. Modern automatics might be able to do this automatically, but I doubt the older ones could cope.
Original post by sek510i
In a manual, you can use your gears to keep your speed in check when you're heading downhill. No need for breaking, lower gear = lower speed.

Also, being able to chose higher gears on wet weather or snow keeps the car under control. Modern automatics might be able to do this automatically, but I doubt the older ones could cope.

On the contrary, even older automatics allow you to manually select your gears when needed. It's a commonly taught tip to switch to manual gear control in the snow when driving an automatic and has been for several decades now :wink:
Reply 9
On the contrary, even older automatics allow you to manually select your gears when needed. It's a commonly taught tip to switch to manual gear control in the snow when driving an automatic and has been for several decades now :wink:

I wasn't aware of that! That would have made driving that automatic so much easier.....
Reply 10

Isn't that just Semi-auto? :P
Original post by Aphala
Isn't that just Semi-auto? :P

The feature is semi-auto technically, but almost all automatics come with this feature built in.
It's not so hard once you get used to the gear change :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending