The Student Room Group

Post-Grad Med

Hi,
I am thinking of going for post grad med, and wanted to know which degrees will allow me to enter post grad med? Biochem and Biomed I know of, but I want to do something different such as neuroscience. Which subject is the best and also for that particular subject, which uni will I be able to apply for with AAB predictions, (B in chemistry).

Thank you!
Original post by poptings
Hi,
I am thinking of going for post grad med, and wanted to know which degrees will allow me to enter post grad med? Biochem and Biomed I know of, but I want to do something different such as neuroscience. Which subject is the best and also for that particular subject, which uni will I be able to apply for with AAB predictions, (B in chemistry).

Thank you!

Depends on which university you apply too; they all have different requirements. Its more advisable to apply for undergraduate medicine though because its easier to get into and funding for GEM isn't guaranteed in the future
Reply 2
Thats the problem you see, I can't apply for undergrad med with my low predictions. And also with regards to which unis I want to go to, preferably top universities (not oxbridge) such as york and sheffield (I believe they are top 10 for biomed)
Thats the problem you see, I can't apply for undergrad med with my low predictions. And also with regards to which unis I want to go to, preferably top universities (not oxbridge) such as york and sheffield (I believe they are top 10 for biomed)

Why not focus on getting AAA, take a gap year and apply for medicine next year. A far preferable option to aiming for graduate entry medicine.

Okay, well, bear in mind if you apply for GEM you're also going to need £3.5K aswell

Anyway, to answer your question:

Universities that accept any degree:

Cambridge, Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton, St George's London, Swansea and Warwick

The rest only accept either STEM degrees of any discipline or only degrees with a heavy biological component (they tend to the London universities)

So doing a degree heavy in biology and medical sciences will put you in good stead for all GEM courses

EDIT: You'll be better off doing what ForestCat advocates though
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending