The Student Room Group

F2 looking for clinical fellowship posts in F3 but where do I find them?

Hi.

I'm an F2 who will not be applying for CMT later this year. I would like more experience in Rheumatology but at the same time earn some money and an opportunity to gear my CV.

Any idea when and where I can find clinical fellow posts?

Many thanks,

Ken
Reply 1
Also interested in this (applying to a competitive speciality and need an F3 backup plan!) Not rheumatology specifically, but any clinical fellowage. Cheers.
Reply 2
BMJ/NHS jobs, though they may have names other than clinical fellow - trust grade doctor or similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helenia
BMJ/NHS jobs, though they may have names other than clinical fellow - trust grade doctor or similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am i correct in thinking that the OP is actually looking for LAT/LAS posts at F2 or CT/ST 1 level ?

as i thought they had got rid of staff grade posts at less than post core / post first revalidation level
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zippyRN
Am i correct in thinking that the OP is actually looking for LAT/LAS posts at F2 or CT/ST 1 level ?

as i thought they had got rid of staff grade posts at less than post core / post first revalidation level

Adverts have a variety of names for it though inc Junior Fellow, Junior Trust Grade, etc.*I'm a 'Junior Research Fellow' FY3, and the Trust lumps me in with all other 'non-training' docs for CPD etc purposes. There is no equiv training grade for my job.*

Original post by KenGosgrove
Hi.

I'm an F2 who will not be applying for CMT later this year. I would like more experience in Rheumatology but at the same time earn some money and an opportunity to gear my CV.

Many thanks,

Ken

First adverts for August starts come out in late March ish. Can't recall if I saw any particular Rheum ones (aside from a sports med/metabolic bone disease job at Stanmore, if that interests you) but as Helenia said, NHS Jobs and BMJ jobs are the best sources.*
Reply 5
Original post by zippyRN

They're called different things, but if you search for "trust doctor" on NHS jobs it still lists a lot of posts which a post-FY2 doctor would be eligible for, some of which say CT1/2 level and some don't. Not sure about the intricacies of staff grade appointments.
Original post by KenGosgrove
Hi.

Many thanks,

Ken

You didnt get the answer on doctors.net? (assume it was you who posed the question x 2 there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending