The Student Room Group

LNAT Disaster Support Group Thread 2016

This thread is for us to console ourselves and lick our wounds after doing the LNAT...

I took mine today and overall it was probably alright, but I made a few errors. I ran out of time on the final two multiple choice questions and had to guess them, and on the essay I didn't put an introduction. The only thing with a semblance of an introduction was 'X will be defined as Y' and that was it, then I just got straight into writing... I had intended to go back and put the introduction in but I ran out of time! I also had at least two spelling mistakes - spelled 'dissenters' as 'desenters'. :frown:

Aside from that I thought the actual multiple choice section was considerably easier than the practice papers, and ignoring my spelling mistakes and lack of introduction, I think I demonstrated a consistent stream of logic and gave a creative answer.

Am I screwed? And has anyone else made spelling mistakes/missed questions/missed introduction/conclusion?
When I sat the LNAT last year, I left feeling really deflated and thought I'd done terrible. Ended up scoring 32. If anyone worries about how it went, you may have done better than you think :smile:
I did mine on Tuesday - came out thinking it went okay but now in retrospective I think it went terribly. I know for a fact I've spelt several things wrong in the essay and now I'm really worried :frown: Like you, I actually found it easier than the practice papers, which was a relief, but now I'm worried maybe I interpreted it as easy because I didn't fully understand the question? Who knows, just waiting to hear back from my two LNAT unis now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ninapudding
I did mine on Tuesday - came out thinking it went okay but now in retrospective I think it went terribly. I know for a fact I've spelt several things wrong in the essay and now I'm really worried :frown: Like you, I actually found it easier than the practice papers, which was a relief, but now I'm worried maybe I interpreted it as easy because I didn't fully understand the question? Who knows, just waiting to hear back from my two LNAT unis now.

I've been thinking, and I think what they will really be looking for in the essay is your ability to think like a law student and the sort of way you apply logic, so little things like spelling mistakes shouldn't really matter (I hope).

Which LNAT unis have you applied to?

I've applied to 3 - Durham, UCL, and Bristol - which I now realise may not have actually been such a smart idea...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I've been thinking, and I think what they will really be looking for in the essay is your ability to think like a law student and the sort of way you apply logic, so little things like spelling mistakes shouldn't really matter (I hope).

Which LNAT unis have you applied to?

I've applied to 3 - Durham, UCL, and Bristol - which I now realise may not have actually been such a smart idea...

I'm hoping that too! I'm worried it's going to make my essay seem really unpolished and just make me look like I'm not very articulate. My fault for trying to spell 'utilitarianism' when I've never written it before :colondollar:
I've applied for two, Oxford and Nottingham. I also applied for Birmingham, but they took the LNAT out of their admissions process this year. I hope the multiple choice went better for me - because of how subjective it is it's difficult to gauge whether you've done well or not.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
This thread is for us to console ourselves and lick our wounds after doing the LNAT...

I took mine today and overall it was probably alright, but I made a few errors. I ran out of time on the final two multiple choice questions and had to guess them, and on the essay I didn't put an introduction. The only thing with a semblance of an introduction was 'X will be defined as Y' and that was it, then I just got straight into writing... I had intended to go back and put the introduction in but I ran out of time! I also had at least two spelling mistakes - spelled 'dissenters' as 'desenters'. :frown:

Aside from that I thought the actual multiple choice section was considerably easier than the practice papers, and ignoring my spelling mistakes and lack of introduction, I think I demonstrated a consistent stream of logic and gave a creative answer.

Am I screwed? And has anyone else made spelling mistakes/missed questions/missed introduction/conclusion?

I have my exam tomorrow!! I have struggled a bit with the practise papers on the lnat website are they harder than the real exam?? xx
I went over the world limit by 50, how big of a problem is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending