The Student Room Group

UCAS Points

Hello all,

I am looking to attain 280 UCAS points for a course held at university. I would have to do biology and chemistry however, even with a third, all the websites I have looked on give varying suggestions as to how many UCAS points I would receive.

I have been out of education for 6 years, and don't really know who I'd need to speak to for information about UCAS points, neither do I have any friends who have completed A Levels or enrolled at university.

The a levels I am looking to do are;

AQA A-Level Biology
AQA A-Level Chemistry
AQA A-Level Psychology

If anyone wouldn't mind could you please let me know how many UCAS points I would attain from getting a B/A/A* in each?

Many thanks
Original post by hayden.james.94
Hello all,

I am looking to attain 280 UCAS points for a course held at university. I would have to do biology and chemistry however, even with a third, all the websites I have looked on give varying suggestions as to how many UCAS points I would receive.

I have been out of education for 6 years, and don't really know who I'd need to speak to for information about UCAS points, neither do I have any friends who have completed A Levels or enrolled at university.

The a levels I am looking to do are;

AQA A-Level Biology
AQA A-Level Chemistry
AQA A-Level Psychology

If anyone wouldn't mind could you please let me know how many UCAS points I would attain from getting a B/A/A* in each?

Many thanks

UCAS points changed this year

In the past 280 would have been BBC at A level. Under the 2017 tariff point system BBC at A level is 112 points.
Original post by PQ
UCAS points changed this year

In the past 280 would have been BBC at A level. Under the 2017 tariff point system BBC at A level is 112 points.

Thanks for the reply,

Does this mean UCAS entry requirements throughout all universities etc. will more than likely have changed with the new tariff system?
Original post by hayden.james.94
Thanks for the reply,

Does this mean UCAS entry requirements throughout all universities etc. will more than likely have changed with the new tariff system?

No. Universities that asked for 280 in the old scheme will generally ask for 112 under the new one.

Entry requirements haven't changed UCAS have just updated the system for working out equivalent qualifications.
Original post by PQ
No. Universities that asked for 280 in the old scheme will generally ask for 112 under the new one.

Entry requirements haven't changed UCAS have just updated the system for working out equivalent qualifications.

Okay thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest