The Student Room Group

A level requirements

On the Royal veterinary college, I noticed that it said "The third A2 subject should not overlap with Biology or Chemistry, and cannot be General Studies." what does this mean exactly? I really want to do PE as my third a level subject but I'm worried it's science based therefore 'overlapping'? Does anyone if I can still do PE?
That's fine, they mean really similar subjects, like biology and human biology.

I know a vet student at the RVC that got in with PE as their third :yep:

A list of all the vet schools' A level requirements, including subjects that aren't accepted, can be found here.
Thank you, that's really helpful. Would you say doing PE would put me at any disadvantage at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyliulu
Thank you, that's really helpful. Would you say doing PE would put me at any disadvantage at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all, as long as you meet the requirements, you're good :smile: They're much more interested in your PS, work experience etc.
Hi,

I've just come across this thread, and was wondering if these a-levels would be okay to choose to become a vet ...

So far, I think I'm going to do Biology, Chemistry and Maths. For the 4th, I was stuck between Physics, Graphical Communications and Product Design.
Now, I was only thinking Physics as I wondered if it would be any benefits as the more creative subjects don't really fit into veterinary. Would the more creative subjects be any any problem when writing personal statements for unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurena01
Hi,

I've just come across this thread, and was wondering if these a-levels would be okay to choose to become a vet ...

So far, I think I'm going to do Biology, Chemistry and Maths. For the 4th, I was stuck between Physics, Graphical Communications and Product Design.
Now, I was only thinking Physics as I wondered if it would be any benefits as the more creative subjects don't really fit into veterinary. Would the more creative subjects be any any problem when writing personal statements for unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So long as you aren't doing critical thinking etc as a 3rd A level they really don't care. I think you will struggle to even mention your A level subjects in your personal statement so I wouldn't let that sway you
Okay, that is excellent! Thank you so much! Is it mainly about getting the good grades for the rest of the choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending