The Student Room Group

How do I meet more girls? Help Please...

So...

I have a friendship group at my college, however there are only about 3 girls and they all have boyfriends. I've never had a girlfriend and I think that the main reason is that I never get the opportunity to meet new girls, Mainly because of the subjects that I do are mainly male dominated. I'm a nice guy who is just looking for a Cute, Friendly and Nice girl. Is that really too much to ask, cause i'm beginning to think that it's never gonna happen which gets me down sometimes.

Another issue is that some of the other people in my group of friends act like idiots and then this reflects badly on me so that puts people off talking to me also. I think it's a real shame that people judge me based on my friends, but I suppose that is just the way it is. Girls just never talk to me or start a conversation with me and i think that knowing more would improve this. I wouldn't usually take to a forum to moan about my problems but it's really starting to get me down. I put a lot of effort into how I look, I dress smartly every day and ensure that I smell good and am clean. I don't get what more girls want from a guy?

Do you guys have any advice for how I can meet more girls whilst at college, without making them feel awkward.

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So...

I have a friendship group at my college, however there are only about 3 girls and they all have boyfriends. I've never had a girlfriend and I think that the main reason is that I never get the opportunity to meet new girls, Mainly because of the subjects that I do are mainly male dominated. I'm a nice guy who is just looking for a Cute, Friendly and Nice girl. Is that really too much to ask, cause i'm beginning to think that it's never gonna happen which gets me down sometimes.

Another issue is that some of the other people in my group of friends act like idiots and then this reflects badly on me so that puts people off talking to me also. I think it's a real shame that people judge me based on my friends, but I suppose that is just the way it is. Girls just never talk to me or start a conversation with me and i think that knowing more would improve this. I wouldn't usually take to a forum to moan about my problems but it's really starting to get me down. I put a lot of effort into how I look, I dress smartly every day and ensure that I smell good and am clean. I don't get what more girls want from a guy?

Do you guys have any advice for how I can meet more girls whilst at college, without making them feel awkward.

I actually find myself in a similar predicament to you as I am the only girl in three of my A level classes as they are male dominated subjects and in my opinion I think that boys should make a better effort so I would suggest widening your friendship group and trying to make an effort to talk to girls who you would find have common interests with you. I would also suggest maybe joining clubes to meet new girls and possibly going out at weekend with your friends as for me this is the only time I have the confidence to talk to boys.
In my opinion (which might be different depending on the perosn) I would appreciate it if a boy directly came out to me and asked me out which necessarily hasn't happened which I find strange as everyone in my frienship group class me as the 'glamorous one'.
Am I allowed to ask is it because of your phyical look that girls may find it ackwrd to be asked out because in my opinion I would take it as a compliment if anyone asked me out.
Reply 2
Original post by lmg1
I actually find myself in a similar predicament to you as I am the only girl in three of my A level classes as they are male dominated subjects and in my opinion I think that boys should make a better effort so I would suggest widening your friendship group and trying to make an effort to talk to girls who you would find have common interests with you. I would also suggest maybe joining clubes to meet new girls and possibly going out at weekend with your friends as for me this is the only time I have the confidence to talk to boys.
In my opinion (which might be different depending on the perosn) I would appreciate it if a boy directly came out to me and asked me out which necessarily hasn't happened which I find strange as everyone in my frienship group class me as the 'glamorous one'.
Am I allowed to ask is it because of your phyical look that girls may find it ackwrd to be asked out because in my opinion I would take it as a compliment if anyone asked me out.

Yes you can ask. Nobody has ever said anything negative about my appearance so I assume not. Like I say, it's just the fact of going and talking to random people would probably make them feel awkward, that's what I think I was trying to say. Thanks for the advice though it's much appreciated. My friend who gets a lot of attention from girls is gonna introduce me to some more groups now, but thanks for the advice anyway.

My personal opinion is that you should have confidence when talking to new girls and keep a conversation flowing because that is what I look for when talking to guys. Also showing your personality is very important and being funny.
Reply 4
Original post by Gracieee123
My personal opinion is that you should have confidence when talking to new girls and keep a conversation flowing because that is what I look for when talking to guys. Also showing your personality is very important and being funny.

Thanks for the reply.

I try my best to be confident but I'm still not very good xD Oh well xD I'll have to just act confident, man up and get on with it. xD

Thanks again, Your Comments are really helpful :-)
:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending