The Student Room Group

Think Ahead Program 2016/2017

Hi there I have just applied for the Think Ahead program and would love to hear from anyone who is applying at the moment.
It would also be lovely to hear from last year candidates who got into the program.
Let's use this thread to share tips, support each other and easy up the process.
LET'S DO IT!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darling35
Hi there I have just applied for the Think Ahead program and would love to hear from anyone who is applying at the moment.
It would also be lovely to hear from last year candidates who got into the program.
Let's use this thread to share tips, support each other and easy up the process.
LET'S DO IT!!

Sounds great, I can't wait to hear back so see if I've gotten through to the situational judgement part. I can be quite impatient! I would love to know soon as I'm also meant to be moving house and I don't want to move somewhere and then be moving again for this project!
Reply 2
Original post by StudentAgain1
Sounds great, I can't wait to hear back so see if I've gotten through to the situational judgement part. I can be quite impatient! I would love to know soon as I'm also meant to be moving house and I don't want to move somewhere and then be moving again for this project!

Hi would you mind telling us what the situational judgement involves? Did they sent u a link? How many questions? Any tips to help us prepare for it?
Many Thanks
I haven't heard back from think ahead yet, so I couldn't tell you!
Reply 4
Original post by StudentAgain1
I haven't heard back from think ahead yet, so I couldn't tell you!

Sorry I've just reed your post again...I thought you had done the test already.
Well let's keep our fingers cross :smile:
Hi there, I also applied this year but not heard back yet. Did anyone receive an email confirmation of their application?
Reply 6
Hiya!
I did receive email confirmation- will have been three weeks on Wednesday so fingers crossed! How did everyone find the application form? I find it quite hard keeping it concise!!
Hello everyone :smile:

I applied exactly 3 weeks ago! I emailed them today just to check the status of my application because I just can't wait any longer! Desperate for a place. I found it really difficult to keep to the word counts for the application questions - I found I wrote something I was happy with and then by having to cut it down so much it made it a much less impressive answer. Well fingers crossed anyway!

x
Reply 8
Original post by PsychNewc
Hello everyone :smile:

I applied exactly 3 weeks ago! I emailed them today just to check the status of my application because I just can't wait any longer! Desperate for a place. I found it really difficult to keep to the word counts for the application questions - I found I wrote something I was happy with and then by having to cut it down so much it made it a much less impressive answer. Well fingers crossed anyway!

x

I felt the same way. Really hard to keep it in the limit and tell all you want.
So I ended up leaving lots of stuff out even so they were relevant. Well that is the way it is at least it is like that for everyone. Did you guys upload a video? I did and it felt like 2min wasn't nearly enough for what I want to say.
Let's hope we get through to the next round.
I did not get an answer yet but it has only been 1 week since. I am not expecting it before 3 weeks so I am relaxed about it for now.
Hi everyone,

It will be 3 weeks on Thursday for me, I'm starting to get really nervous now but it seems from reading last years posts on here that they stick to their deadlines quite strictly so fingers crossed for all of us!

Where are you all from?
Reply 10
[QUOTE="PsychNewc;68089192"]Hello everyone :smile:

x[/QUOTE
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by charlotte267
Hi everyone,

It will be 3 weeks on Thursday for me, I'm starting to get really nervous now but it seems from reading last years posts on here that they stick to their deadlines quite strictly so fingers crossed for all of us!

Where are you all from?

Hi I think they will probably wait until the deadline for the first call, which is this Thursday, to startt replaying. That's just a thought anyway.
I live in East Sussex and you?
I have received an email saying I've got through to the next stage which is the situational judgement test - going to have a go at it today!

I'm from Yorkshire :smile:
Original post by darling35
Hi I think they will probably wait until the deadline for the first call, which is this Thursday, to startt replaying. That's just a thought anyway.
I live in East Sussex and you?

I'm from Northern Ireland originally but live in Sheffield! Not going to lie, I'm getting so nervous 🙈
Reply 14
Oops- mine is actually three weeks tomorrow, keep praying I'll hear beforehand though! The wait is definitely the worst bit!
Reply 15
Original post by PsychNewc
I have received an email saying I've got through to the next stage which is the situational judgement test - going to have a go at it today!

I'm from Yorkshire :smile:

Great news!!! Well done :smile:)
Reply 16
Hi everyone! I sent off my Think Ahead application today. I'll be counting down the 3 weeks til they get back to me 😬
Reply 17
Hi guys, has everyone sent off a video with their application?

Good luck all
Reply 18
Original post by abbb
Hi guys, has everyone sent off a video with their application?

Good luck all

I did. I haven't received a replay yet so can't tell you if it was sucessful. There are a few videos on you tube from last year candidates have a look it may help you to get some ideas.
Good luck :smile:
It's been 3 weeks for me now and I haven't got a reply yet, anyone else in the same position?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending