The Student Room Group

Moving on when your ex was perfect and you're ugly

My ex was objectively extremely attractive, intelligent, kind and perfect. We only dated a few months, because of course he realised he was too good for me, but that was long enough for me to fall in love.

I am, by all accounts, very flawed. The one attractive quality I have is that I can come across as charismatic to start with. But once someone gets too close, as he did, my blazing insecurities override any charisma.

I am in no position to be fussy, I'm the ugliest girl I know, but because I now know what it's like to be with someone so great I can't downgrade. I'd permanently be resentful.

So I've come to the conclusion I'll be single forever and this has really been getting me down
Original post by Anonymous
My ex was objectively extremely attractive, intelligent, kind and perfect. We only dated a few months, because of course he realised he was too good for me, but that was long enough for me to fall in love.

I am, by all accounts, very flawed. The one attractive quality I have is that I can come across as charismatic to start with. But once someone gets too close, as he did, my blazing insecurities override any charisma.

I am in no position to be fussy, I'm the ugliest girl I know, but because I now know what it's like to be with someone so great I can't downgrade. I'd permanently be resentful.

So I've come to the conclusion I'll be single forever and this has really been getting me down

How comes your " ugly "? What others say? You compare yourself to others?

But by saying you can't downgrade is basically what other people do to you when they don't want to go out with you so you should be willing to give anyone a chance but only if you feel a little attraction. Not everyone you date has to be extremely good looking
Maybe your not ugly and you have that body dysmorphic problem where you just think you are ugly.
I don't think anyone really likes the way they look, you just have to try to accept it
I worry all the time that when i do accept a date that they will go off me the next day, week or in a few months because i don't think i have a great personality and i'm too quiet and not very lively but i don't worry about it too much because if that person decided to dump me that's their problem or loss not mine.
I get approached by men on the street, security guards in shops for a date which i hate because then i feel i can't go back to the shop when i turn them down but i have no choice to or i can't get the stuff i want to buy. I don't mind being asked out on the street and other places but i hate security guards asking me out.
I don't understand why men ask me out either because i think i look awful.
I am very picky too but i am willing to give someone a chance if they are not that good looking.

Did u ask why you were dumped?

I have seen some really big, unattractive women with good looking men and i don't know how they get anyone to stay with them when i look better than they do but sometimes life's a *****.
You won't be single for ever you just have to put yourself out there by going to clubs, bars, social groups more often then you will meet someone but you won't if you hide yourself away. Try to dress smart at all times if you are not blessed with good looks as dressing nice helps to make you feel a little better. Sometimes when i dress like **** and don't make an effort to look good or change the style of clothes i wear then i feel like **** too.
Maybe go for a new hair colour or hairstyle aswell as new clothes to attract a new person.

Anyway your ex is not better than you or too good for you just because they are good looking, you are both equal.

what
Reply 4
Your ex wasn't perfect and you're not ugly. Right now your emotions are messing with you because you like this guy. It's lowered your self-esteem, but the fact is, you landed someone who you thought was very attractive, and if it can happen once it can happen twice.

Very few people are single forever - the chances you'll be one of them are extremely low. I know me telling you this won't make you feel any better, since it's an academic answer to an emotional problem, but just know there's light at the end of the tunnel. You'll meet someone, so in the mean time do whatever helps to keep your spirits up and try not to let it get you down. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending