The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

gregmantis
What more do you need? They have a bed, a huge desk and a wardrobe and the bathrooms have a shower, toilet and sink, and, at least when I was there 24 hour hot water.

UVW rooms are definitely the nicest out of all of blocks (though each of the blocks have their own plus points)

They're nice rooms and being on a long corridor is always a plus, but I'd always choose space over an ensuite bathroom. I was in Y Block this year and the rooms were really good sizes - not too big and not too small. I don't really see the attraction of an ensuite, when there's a perfectly adequate bathroom a few seconds away.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
gregmantis
UVW rooms are definitely the nicest out of all of blocks (though each of the blocks have their own plus points)

If you have no more than two friends :p:
Reply 22
Anyone know what rooms in XYZ are like?
elisabethd
Anyone know what rooms in XYZ are like?

1960s style with shared bathrooms and no washbasins. Set out on three floors with small corridors of eight or nine.
Reply 24
suga_fly_77
1960s style with shared bathrooms and no washbasins. Set out on three floors with small corridors of eight or nine.

They have a very nice community spirit. Back in 2001/2002 in Z block at least, the top floor was entirely female (with a seperate door to the floor that was lockable but I never saw closed once) and the lower two floors were entirely male.
Just got my offer of accommodation from Wills-Hurrah! Just got to work out how to accept it now :biggrin:
Huzzah! Another one with the email.

At least we have until August 30th to work it all out, eh? :biggrin:
Huargh! You may well see me at Wills too :biggrin::
Had the email today, got into Wills, pleased to have a sink, want to know which block I'm in now. Actually we haven't got long to think about it as they want the acceptance sent by post by next thurs. See you all in a few weeks time
happychappy22
Had the email today, got into Wills, pleased to have a sink, want to know which block I'm in now. Actually we haven't got long to think about it as they want the acceptance sent by post by next thurs. See you all in a few weeks time

If you've got a sink doesn't that indicate the old quad?
Reply 30
I've heard several people say sinks mean old quad, which is great. See you there! :smile:
Reply 31
Just been told i've got a room in 'new quad' (XYZ) but i don't have a washbasin :frown: Can anyone tell me what new quad is like?
Cheers
Lol, I'm starting to get a little concerned that people are so miffed about not having washbasins-am I missing out on something here?! It's just, I've never been that attached to my one at home...
Reply 33
I'm the same, no washbasin...but does it really matter? I heard the rooms were bigger than those in the old quad so perhaps thats a good thing. I suppose
its just so difficult to judge what everything's like without seeing it.
From personal experience does anyone know if is it better to live in the old or the new quad? or do the pros/cons work out the same? what are the pros and cons of the new quad?
Reply 34
Old quad has fireplaces! But this could mean that there's no other heating, and obviously you can't leave the gas fireplace on when you're out= cold room maybe? But it's pretty. Some new block rooms are ensuite, and they're all more modern. But either way it's a lovely hall! :smile:
yay more wills people! can't wait to see you all in october! i wonder when we find out about freshers week...that will be exciting! i've got an en suite room so presume i am in new quad?!
Reply 36
If anyone has facebook here there's a Wills Hall freshers group that's just been made.

Wait, I'll find the link http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5182658495

Join up! Introduce yourself!
Many people seem to have got into wills already, i applied there and have not heard anything

does this mean i didnt get in, or are more offers to come?

thanks
Reply 38
Congratulations to everyone that has got in.

I got into wills xyz with ensuite, its really expensive though, £5K for the year *passes out*.
Reply 39
Sopheeb Old Quad won't have fireplaces next year cos I think (according to Donald) they are ripping them out on the basis of health and safety regulations which is a shame.

IMHO it is better to live in Old Quad cos: a) shorter walk to breakfast (this may not matter now but it will come November when Bristol throws all the elements it has to offer at you!) b) it is pretty c) it is Old Quad and thus far better than new! I wish we all got to stay in Wills for another year; I don't want to move out! You lucky lot who got in are going to have a faaaab time!

Latest

Trending

Trending