The Student Room Group

Financial ombudsman service

Scroll to see replies

Looks like il be left behind as im starting on the 30th nov!!!
Hey i am also starting on the 2nd Nov and I was wondering if you have some pointers as to the dress code! I don't want to be too overdressed or vice versa!!!
Original post by Amadeus12
Hey i am also starting on the 2nd Nov and I was wondering if you have some pointers as to the dress code! I don't want to be too overdressed or vice versa!!!

Why don't you want to dress to impress lol
Had an interview yesterday. It's was quite straight forward, and quick which only makes one wonder why so much is put in the initial stage.
Hi I have a final interview next week!! i'm so nervous! has anyone got any tips on what they'd ask just so i can prepare myself?? Thanks in advance!!
They will ask to run down of the case study first, then competency. Learn their values as my mind went blank in the interview and as I left I remembered them. They will ask a question of a time you've had to give bad news. A time where you've made an impact to your team and most importantly use the star method. I didn't get successful as I knew by not answering that values question really messed me up but I hope everyone else gets it!!!!
They also asked about a time i made a mistake and fixed it and also something i learned and then had to share with others.

Dont be nervous! The interviewers were very friendly and down to earth.

And sorry to hear you didnt get the job turkishtea! :frown:
Original post by Littleuknow
They also asked about a time i made a mistake and fixed it and also something i learned and then had to share with others.

Dont be nervous! The interviewers were very friendly and down to earth.

And sorry to hear you didnt get the job turkishtea! :frown:

Haha no biggie! If I have the time I'll reapply in three months lol. Yeah! A time I had made a mistake and how I rectified it along with sharing a knowledge. The questions truthfully are all about their values and behaviours so the best thing id say is read all the values and behaviours as each one there will be a question on. Had I been given this info I think I would've prepared better!
Oh thankyou so much that will definitely help me prepare!!
I did the case study over a month ago! So I might struggle with trying to remember if they ask me anything on that!
Sorry you didn't get the job, I'm sure if you apply again, you'll smash the interview 😊
Original post by mollie91
Oh thankyou so much that will definitely help me prepare!!
I did the case study over a month ago! So I might struggle with trying to remember if they ask me anything on that!
Sorry you didn't get the job, I'm sure if you apply again, you'll smash the interview 😊

They just want you to paraphrase the whole case study. Like what was it about etc etc. so I'd say sum it up in a paragraph and memorise it. And then use all the questions myself and the others have given and you'll smash it! Good luck!!
So for those who started on the 2nd nov how is it going?
Im starting Nov 30th too!
Reply 132
Hi everyone,

Does anyone here work as case work support/operations administrator? Im really interested in this role and wanted to know if anyone knows when they usually recruit for temps as they hardly post these jobs on their website.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending