The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Games Design

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but just letting you know that I've applied for Games Design at Leeds Met also.

I'll be living in Carnegie village, cluster flats so i'll most likely see some of you around!

I have a question for Jamie, who I hope will still read this topic! You mentioned flash in one of your previous posts? was that an optional module ? or do we have to do it? I only ask because I used it this year and its an awful program, was hoping to never use it again! ha

Cheers,

Reece
Reply 1
Deluxe flat also! got my deposit down in Feb haha, Im studying Games Design

I guess I'll see you around!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by jamieyoung

From what i remember from first year you never used to be able to pick modules up until your third year. When i used Adobe Flash it was to create prototypes of a working in game HUD, showing icon changes etc, and also a working menu system, showing different pages etc. Not sure how much the course will have changed so don't quote me on it. The tutors tend to teach you in the software the uni can afford and in methods they know, so the most used software is Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator. Then Zbrush, 3DS Max.
Some modules like motion graphics i had to do, you HAVE to use certain software, we had to use AfterEffects which annoyed me because I'm better in Flash but i guess it's all a learning curve lol!

Ah alright man, thanks for getting back to me! I'll have to wait and see then i guess!

We'll have to send our face-books out so we can all get to know each other before the course starts!
Reply 3
Original post by Sherwood
Ah alright man, thanks for getting back to me! I'll have to wait and see then i guess!

We'll have to send our face-books out so we can all get to know each other before the course starts!

No worries mate. Yeah safe heres both the Games Design leedsMet page and mine so hit me up anyone.
https://www.facebook.com/lmugamesoc
https://www.facebook.com/jamieandrewyoung

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending