The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KnowstheLaw
I believe you get your LNAT score at the end of January or very early February. In terms of interviews at UCL, the woman I spoke to said they don't normally interview for straight law, however they do usually for law with european legal system etc.

Mr Flash, am I right in saying you have an offer from warwick? What were your academics if you don't mind me asking?

No man I didn't even apply to Warwick

I've currently got Offers from Reading Queen Mary and SOAS and a straight rejection from Oxford.

GCSE's: A*ABBBBCCC (extenuating circumstances)
A Levels: AAAB
A2 Predictions: A*AAA A extended project
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by MrFlash1994
No man I didn't even apply to Warwick

I've currently got Offers from Reading Queen Mary and SOAS and a straight rejection from Oxford.

GCSE's: A*ABBBBCCC (extenuating circumstances)
A Levels: AAAB
A2 Predictions: A*AAA A extended project

My apologies, I've read all these applicants stalking pages so many times, I'm getting people mixed up!

Well done with the offers, queen mary and soas especially! I'm like you with an oxbridge rejection, except i was rejected from cambridge! We have the same As grades!
My apologies, I've read all these applicants stalking pages so many times, I'm getting people mixed up!

Well done with the offers, queen mary and soas especially! I'm like you with an oxbridge rejection, except i was rejected from cambridge! We have the same As grades!

I reckon it was either my GCSE's or LNAT that let me down because I know a guy who just got an offer from Oxford for PPE who has AAAB too. You got any other offers yet?
I reckon it was either my GCSE's or LNAT that let me down because I know a guy who just got an offer from Oxford for PPE who has AAAB too. You got any other offers yet?

Yer, i think a fair amount of oxford students for law anyway have at least 6a*'s at gcse, but then again, you did have extenuating circumstances. Not to worry though, with the universities you've got offers with, providing you can meet the entry requirements, I'm sure you can be just as successful in life as an oxford law student, if not more!

I have an offer from Leeds, AAA. I'll probably end up going there if LSE and Warwick don't give me offers. Still quite sad to be rejected from ucl though, as that really was my dream uni!
Hi guys! Just submitted my UCAS application :smile: Taking my LNAT next week! :eek:
I was wondering whether i submitted my application too late or it's still okay?
Saw that UCL started sending off their offers hopefully they won't send the majority by the time i submitted my application :biggrin:
Original post by girlfromala
Hi guys! Just submitted my UCAS application :smile: Taking my LNAT next week! :eek:
I was wondering whether i submitted my application too late or it's still okay?
Saw that UCL started sending off their offers hopefully they won't send the majority by the time i submitted my application :biggrin:

I can't say for sure but It your application is really good then you have just as much chance as anyone atm. GL with your LNAT! Mine was riddiculous, they even had some maths questions on there!
when do we get our LNAT scores back officially? Also are UCL not bothering with interviews before offers now?

It actually depends.

They may interview you if you do LLB straight law. Heard that last year couple of students were interviewed probably due to their low Lnat but high academic background or vice versa. You may still be interviewed if you are an international student or mature. I'm pretty sure mature students gonna be interviewed (i hope so, cause i'm that student) :biggrin:
I can't say for sure but It your application is really good then you have just as much chance as anyone atm. GL with your LNAT! Mine was riddiculous, they even had some maths questions on there!

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you too!
Btw, what are your choices?:smile:
Original post by girlfromala
Thanks a lot! Good luck to you too!
Btw, what are your choices?:smile:

My academics are at the top of the page, so I'm only waiting on UCL now :smile:
My academics are at the top of the page, so I'm only waiting on UCL now :smile:

I must say, good luck mr flash, i hope you have better luck than i did with UCL!
I must say, good luck mr flash, i hope you have better luck than i did with UCL!

Thanks!
I sit here reading this and twirling my UCL ID card in my fingers with a smug look on my face
Original post by er123
Does anyone have a law offer from UCL yet?
The waiting is horrible!

Yeah, I got one on the 8th. I was in shock- must've been the LNAT. I'll be curious to see what it was when they release the results in January...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Hey guys, the waiting for that offer/rejection from UCL is quite frightening, keep checking my mail every hour! Those who have got a response from UCL, when did you send your applications off and how long did it take them to get back to you after the LNAT?
hi sorry would ucl ask for an interview for law with french law?
Original post by kvasileiadou
hi sorry would ucl ask for an interview for law with french law?

Yes, they should ask
Got rejected the other day. Asked for feedback, and the woman said that they don't give feedback to students because it is a 'long and arduous task with the number of applicants they receive'. The woman however said she'd log into my ucas, while we spoke to give me pointers, in where my application may have been weak. She assessed my application, whilst on the phone to me and then came out with 'your application is actually a strong one with good grades and good reference'. I then asked whether it was my LNAT score that may have been my downfall, and she exclaimed 'no, that was not a poor score' however she obviously could not tell me what is is. She then went on to say about how fierce the competition is for places, and how I'm competing against the 'best', so ucl do have to disregard strong applicants as they usually have around 2700 applicants for straight LLB law. Feel slightly hard done by:frown:

that lady from UCL sounded lovely!
haven't heard from them yet, but I applied for Law with Another Legal System and they emailed me asking whether I was interested in Australia or Singapore.
Not looking hopeful as I don't think my LNAT score will be good!
My best friend got rejected for straight law and her predicted grades are A*A*AA.
Didn't know competition was that high for UCL...wishing I didn't apply now haha
Original post by magdalenaxoxo
that lady from UCL sounded lovely!
haven't heard from them yet, but I applied for Law with Another Legal System and they emailed me asking whether I was interested in Australia or Singapore.
Not looking hopeful as I don't think my LNAT score will be good!
My best friend got rejected for straight law and her predicted grades are A*A*AA.
Didn't know competition was that high for UCL...wishing I didn't apply now haha

Indeed my the woman was polite and courteous - just as you would expect. Don't think cynically, as I'm sure you have a good chance - they say no news is good news! UCL are raising their entry requirements for LLB LAW for next year (2013) to A*AA, so certainly people applying this year and previous years were lucky in a sense - still I'm sure the competition will be as fierce as ever, next year and with many years to come. They told me that they get around 2700 applicants for LLB Law a year. Also additionally, I sent an email to Tutor in a search to perhaps find more information regarding my rejection... I was quite shocked when I was told in the reply that there was an '8% increase in UCAS applications this year for the LLB at UCL'. Why this is, I'll never know but it certainly shows that the increase in tuition fees have certainly not hindered the amount of applicants for Law, where UCL is concerned. I'm not surprised I missed out... Good luck to you anyway!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
When do you reckon the majority of offers for M100 will be made be? Or indeed rejections? Next month?
Original post by star_5
When do you reckon the majority of offers for M100 will be made be? Or indeed rejections? Next month?

Alot of it will probably be done in Feb/March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending