The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth form College in harrow

So I've applied to St Doms, and I'm very eager to go there.
However, considering I am neither Christian nor Roman Catholic, my chances are very slim.
My predicted grades were 7 A* and 5A, so I average out at a 7.6
I should have tried harder with my mocks, as these grades are appalling.:frown:
Do you think I stand a chance at getting into St Doms?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you have a pretty good chance in getting in. Your predicated grades are really good.
Reply 2
Original post by Lostmoon9
I think you have a pretty good chance in getting in. Your predicated grades are really good.

Thank you. Do you go to St Doms?
Reply 3
No but I did apply there and my predicted grades was crap compared to yours (All Cs and Ds). They did call me for an interview and rejected me after that. I ended up getting 7As, 1B and 1C and gave them a call but they didn't have enough places for the subjects I wanted to study.
Reply 4
Original post by alsam005.310
However, considering I am neither Christian nor Roman Catholic, my chances are very slim.

Don't worry your grades are great and much higher than some who get offers. I'm applying there but I'm not Christian either, so fingers crossed.
What subjects are you going to take? Also, do you have any idea when replies for interview arrive and when these interviews take place?
Reply 5
Original post by kingtaco
Don't worry your grades are great and much higher than some who get offers. I'm applying there but I'm not Christian either, so fingers crossed.
What subjects are you going to take? Also, do you have any idea when replies for interview arrive and when these interviews take place?

Thanks :smile: I'm going to be taking Maths, Bio, Chem, Psychology. Wbu? I think replies for interviews come March/April time. I know some colleges have already started. I got an offer from Woodhouse two days ago. :smile:

I got an offer from St Dom's (didn't end up going there). My grades were worse than yours, and I wasn't Catholic. You have an excellent chance of going.
In who's world is 7A*s and 5As terrible grades? Seriously.
Reply 8

My sister is going there, I think you have a decent chance but the fact that you are not Christian will disadvantage you your application.

Original post by Nynyflower

Well, Harrow School definitely requires 11~10A*s, and there's other good schools with such requirements. Since he's not Christian, he has every right to worry as I knew someone who was rejected for not having enough A*s.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Nynyflower

Hahah. I was in a depressed/I hate GCSE's/FML kinda mood when I wrote that :P.
Reply 10
Original post by agoetcherian
I got an offer from St Dom's (didn't end up going there). My grades were worse than yours, and I wasn't Catholic. You have an excellent chance of going.

Ahh. Bless your heart and soul. I now worship you.
My cousin went to St. Doms on not exactly excellent grades but she is a catholic.
Reply 12
Original post by jokosor

Well, Harrow School definitely requires 11~10A*s, and there's other good schools with such requirements. Since he's not Christian, he has every right to worry as I knew someone who was rejected for not having enough A*s.

Awkward moment when I tell you I'm a She not a He :P. All is forgiven. I must ask, what made you think I'm a dude?
Ahh. Bless your heart and soul. I now worship you.

Haha, no worries. I didn't go in the end because, to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the college. I ended up going to my high school's sixth form, which was brand new and really looked very good. I'm probably doing as well now as I would have if I went to Dom's.

What high school do you go to, if you don't mind my asking? I assume it's in Harrow?
Reply 14
Awkward moment when I tell you I'm a She not a He :P. All is forgiven. I must ask, what made you think I'm a dude?

Most likely because I'm sexist and always presume the poster is male if sex is not displayed.
Reply 15
Haha, no worries. I didn't go in the end because, to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the college. I ended up going to my high school's sixth form, which was brand new and really looked very good. I'm probably doing as well now as I would have if I went to Dom's.

What high school do you go to, if you don't mind my asking? I assume it's in Harrow?

I go to Bentley Wood. Wbu? Tbh BWHS sixth form sucks. The teachers are constantly trying to persuade us to go there, so now I don't want to go there in spite of them :P Bloody bastards. :colone:
Reply 16
Original post by jokosor
Most likely because I'm sexist and always presume the poster is male if sex is not displayed.

Ahaha bless the awkward human mind :P
Reply 17
Ahaha bless the awkward human mind :P

:hubba:
I go to Bentley Wood. Wbu? Tbh BWHS sixth form sucks. The teachers are constantly trying to persuade us to go there, so now I don't want to go there in spite of them :P Bloody bastards. :colone:

Ah, I go to Park High Sixth. I have a few friends at Bentley Wood, heard it's alright. But if you don't like it then there's no point.

Yeah, fingers crossed for Dom's if that's where you wanna go :smile:
Reply 19
Ah, I go to Park High Sixth. I have a few friends at Bentley Wood, heard it's alright. But if you don't like it then there's no point.

Yeah, fingers crossed for Dom's if that's where you wanna go :smile:

Thanks, I got an offer from Woodhouse. Do you know if it's a good college?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending