The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone tell me if I can just turn up at Old Trafford and get my Accreditation?
Original post by ShafiqJ
No SIA license and didn't do BTG. G4S have screwed me nicely. Now I'm really going to struggle financially when I go to university.

Did you chase them up and bombard them with calls and emails before the olympics started?
Original post by coolasacucumber
Did you chase them up and bombard them with calls and emails before the olympics started?

I tried I called them twice but each time there was like an hour waiting queue and at the end of it they hung up without speaking
After all the stress of not starting, finally got my accreditation and uniform today in Stratford (which was ridiculously busy). Starting tomorrow at the Olympics sailing village. Anyone staying at the accommodation at Brunel University? How is it? Which halls is it that g4s people are staying at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lasuil
After all the stress of not starting, finally got my accreditation and uniform today in Stratford (which was ridiculously busy). Starting tomorrow at the Olympics sailing village. Anyone staying at the accommodation at Brunel University? How is it? Which halls is it that g4s people are staying at?

Did you complete a fast track form for accreditation? and if so, how long did you wait to get it through? I'm still waiting on my damn accreditation and it pissing me off now lol

And Brunel is a nice uni from what I've heard so you should have a good time
Original post by shams1994
Did you complete a fast track form for accreditation? and if so, how long did you wait to get it through? I'm still waiting on my damn accreditation and it pissing me off now lol

And Brunel is a nice uni from what I've heard so you should have a good time

I'm not sure, I never went to star lane before this. A family member works at g4s so they'd been trying to push my accreditation through. Apparently, they found that about 300 applicants were similarly lost on the system as I'd been, and they're now processing those, maybe you might have been in that 300. Trust me, g4s are working their bums off to make this all right: my family member that works there has been working on helping getting everything sorted for 24 days now without a day off. Have you tried going back to the Star Lane place? It might just be that they haven't contacted you yet to say its ready :smile: I didn't get an email, or call, I just went in today and got it.

I have a shift tomorrow from 11:15am to 8pm. Bit of an odd time and not following the usual "7 to 7" that most people and I have been getting so far. Do you think they'll let me out at 8pm, or will it be likely I'll have to end up staying till about midnight? Maybe I'll stay extra time anyway for more money :beard:.

It at least sounds better than some later day shifts I have where I'm scheduled to come in at 6.30am - too early man! :zomg:. In fact, looking at journey planner, I'm slightly worried whether I can even make it in so early anyway, since the first trains from my town depart at around 5:30am, and it takes at least an hour, if not longer to get to my venue, meaning I'll probably be consistently late for my shifts. They're not gonna mind too much if I just change back to night shifts, are they?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4007
Just forgot to sign out of my shift at cherry park but signed out at my venue is that okay?
Does anyone know what OSA is? Most of my shifts are OSA-scr, a few are PsA

Original post by Lasuil

OSA is "Occupant Screening Area". So when a car gets searched at the VSA (Vehicle Screening Area), so do the occupants so I would trust it's nearly the same as a PSA job.
Reply 4010
Original post by Lasuil

I'm not going to stay there but I go to brunel, the rooms are great :smile:
Reply 4011

Original post by Lasuil

hi, have you recieved your sia licence/badge and if so, how long did it take? :smile:

P.s.
Also, if you have, can you tell me how long it took for you to recieve your documents back and how long the badge took? Thank you.
Original post by grizzletheconquerer
OSA is "Occupant Screening Area". So when a car gets searched at the VSA (Vehicle Screening Area), so do the occupants so I would trust it's nearly the same as a PSA job.

Does that mean I will only be searching women from vehicles? It's a night shift so I doubt there will be that many to search >.>

Original post by diipan
What do I need to take with me to collect my uniform at the pitford street uniform centre?

Your passport, accreditation and SIA badge

Reply 4014
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I have a shift tomorrow from 11:15am to 8pm. Bit of an odd time and not following the usual "7 to 7" that most people and I have been getting so far. Do you think they'll let me out at 8pm, or will it be likely I'll have to end up staying till about midnight? Maybe I'll stay extra time anyway for more money :beard:.

It at least sounds better than some later day shifts I have where I'm scheduled to come in at 6.30am - too early man! :zomg:. In fact, looking at journey planner, I'm slightly worried whether I can even make it in so early anyway, since the first trains from my town depart at around 5:30am, and it takes at least an hour, if not longer to get to my venue, meaning I'll probably be consistently late for my shifts. They're not gonna mind too much if I just change back to night shifts, are they?

Hope i can get a job still waiting for my accreditation pass, how long did it take for you? Can you stay for how many hours you want to? And do you have to go to a different place to sign in then go to your venue??
Reply 4015
I was told to work at multi media centre at 7am. Found out its in Stratford which is far. Is there anyone in Wembley stadium what time does your shift starts so I can tag along. I'm tempted to come in at 7am and hope for the best! Any ideas from anyone on the psa? If Wembley have more annoying idouits. Flip this job then I'm quitting!!!!!!
Reply 4016
Are g4s still doing training? I've sent off my contract,passed screening,waiting accreditation.
Reply 4017
I STILL can't get through to the people at G4S! I only have my SIA Licence and I passed my G4S interview 2 months ago nearly now - but I have heard absolutely nothing. I haven't got my application screened, accrediated or anything yet, and I don't have any uniform, payroll number or schedule. Can any of you guys help me by telling me what to do please?

Many Thanks
Original post by H.R
I STILL can't get through to the people at G4S! I only have my SIA Licence and I passed my G4S interview 2 months ago nearly now - but I have heard absolutely nothing. I haven't got my application screened, accrediated or anything yet, and I don't haven any uniform, payroll number or schedule. Can any of you guys help me by telling me what to do please?

Many Thanks

Trust me, calling doesn't help for ****! Not with a disorganised disgraceful excuse of a company called G4S.

If you live in London just go up to there G4S centre in Stratford Pitchford street. Preferably in the morning to avoid big crowds. Make sure to bring some form of documentation with you because the guards at the gate might not let you in without one. When you get into the centre state all the things you've stated in your post. They should get you seen to one of their colleagues soon after.

If you don't reside in London just Google the 'nearest g4s centre to [insert home address here]'.
With G4S you gotta take action. You can't just sit there waiting for a call or email. They don't give a ****. Drop in to one of their centres and demand you get seen to. WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO TOLERATE THEIR BLITHERING NONSENSE ANYMORE!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH G4S! YOU'VE SCREWED OVER ENOUGH PEOPLE AS IT IS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending