The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Original post by rachelv63

I got 86 percentile but I'm really not too sure if that's enough...
anyone got any ideas? x

I'd say that gives you a good shot. When will we hear does anyone know?
Loads of people are saying the second week in April but i think that could just be hearsay because it says at the bottom of the results that we should hear about offers at the around the same time we get our scores and it's always been that way in previous years :smile:
Reply 1742
Loads of people are saying the second week in April but i think that could just be hearsay because it says at the bottom of the results that we should hear about offers at the around the same time we get our scores and it's always been that way in previous years :smile:

Whaaat? Last time I did it in 2010 the replies were out the same day or the day after. I can't wait that long!
Original post by DK_Tipp
Whaaat? Last time I did it in 2010 the replies were out the same day or the day after. I can't wait that long!

I think that's more likely, however rather annoying considering unis don't make offers at weekends generally :P
Reply 1744
I think that's more likely, however rather annoying considering unis don't make offers at weekends generally :P

Here's hoping anyway. And best of luck :smile:

Original post by DK_Tipp
Here's hoping anyway. And best of luck :smile:

Heyy

Has anyone heard from Queen Margaret Uni in Scotland? A lot of people on my course have heard back and been unsuccessul but I haven't heard a peep. Apparently if your application was in by the 15th of January, we should have heard by today?
Reply 1747
Original post by wadders93
Im going to be firming UWE too! :smile: xxx Not sure whether to go for Glenside or Frenchay though, coz althought Frenchay is busier and more nightlife etc, its further away from where our course takes place on Glenside and its such a full on course at the open day I was told we do 2 x 4 hour practical days a week and 2 x 7/8 hour days a week of lectures! Don't know if that will be the same this year or not but I would really like an ensuite so leaning towards frenchay atm! x

I really do suggest Glenside, as all the physios live at Glenside. Frenchay is also a half hour walk from Glenside so you will have to walk/bus to lectures all the time and the buses are notoriously bad.
Reply 1748
i have a quick question.
will my student finance figure be affected by the nhs bursary by any chance? quite confused as to what i'm supposed to do!
Original post by mskxo
i have a quick question.
will my student finance figure be affected by the nhs bursary by any chance? quite confused as to what i'm supposed to do!

You'll only be entitled to the minimum non-means tested student loan, which is £2400odd I think.
Original post by emilym94
Mine was 14th December, so can't remember it as clearly lol! But i know they put you in a room with other interviewees and it's a really nice chance to interact and get to know them. I've also heard they grade you on that a bit too, i.e personal social skills...but i'm not sure to what extent that's true.

I remember they asked me about my work experience, what learning skills I had and how learning skills would be different at university. They also give a scenario that you have to give your thoughts on and tell them how you'd approach it. :smile: Hope that's kind of helpful lol...when's your interview?

Thank you. Mines on Wednesday :/
Have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 1751
Offer from Bradford! Have now confirmed Huddersfield as my first with Bradford as insurance, bit pointless as the offers are identical though! Applied for student finance this morning so just got to wait for bursary forms now!
Who else is choosing Huddersfield?
Reply 1752
Still looking for anyone else who is considering Coventry??? Nearly finished my collge course now and tutor says getting the three distinctions needed should already be doable so it looks like I'm in :smile: Just as well with the number of books, charts and the full sized skeleton cluttering my lounge:biggrin:
What has everyone else been told they might need to buy during their time at uni???
Is anyone firming Birmingham or Cardiff here? :smile:
Reply 1754
Offer from UUJ! De-lighted...
Original post by Tiamaddison
Thank you. Mines on Wednesday :/
Have you heard back from them yet?

Ooh good luck!! :smile:
Nope, they don't get back to us until all interviews are done. So I guess that'll be sometime soon this month.
Reply 1756
Hi all.

I am currently holding offers at Brunel and King's. However, in the offer letter from King's it states that I have to pay fees. I am 99.9 % sure this is a mistake because I am a home student and I think it was referring to other courses under biomedical sciences. Did anyone else holding an offer from King's have something stated similar in their offer letter (viewed as a pdf).

Look forward to meeting those going to Brunel in September - fingers crossed.
Conditional from university of ulster! :biggrin:
Original post by emilym94
Ooh good luck!! :smile:
Nope, they don't get back to us until all interviews are done. So I guess that'll be sometime soon this month.

Oh ok then, thanks :smile:

Good luck to you too!
I finally heard back from St Georges today and have a conditional offer :smile:
The condition is I supply copies of my GCSE certificates.

Also with the bursary, I thought we still had to pay the £9000 tuition fees but we got an NHS bursary of around £4000 that helps towards it? How does it affect our loans and other bursarys? Are we still entitled to the living cost and tuition fee loans?

Quick Reply

Latest