The Student Room Group

How to tell your gf's mother that you're uncomfortable with her?

Lately I've been really getting the impression that my girlfriends mother has been hitting on me. She's been dropping me hints and being really flirty. She also has a history of getting together with her daughters boyfriends, yes it's that bad.

Should I confront her about this? What would happen if I pulled her aside and talked to her about this?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
erm...mate if you talk to her about it and it turns out she hasnt, it would be pretty embarrassing :tongue:

talk to your gf about it instead?
Reply 2
Ok well if she says stuff like, "I wanted to take a picture of you with your shirt off and send it to your gf". "Tell your gf I'll trade her men" while lightly stroking your back. Also, talking about her relationship with her husband is dead and he ain't getting any from her. Also telling me to take off my shirt when I work on their yard.

Do these sound like normal things a girls mother tells her daughters bf?
Reply 3
:eek: no it isn’t normal…my mother doesn’t do that to mine (well at least I hope she dosent :tongue:)

But yeh…talk to her if you think it’ll make things better…
I have a cunning plan. It'll involve 30 Chinese midgets and a zeppelin.
Reply 5
Point is, will I even get an honest answer out of a woman like this or will I just get ignored, a lie or accuse me?
Reply 6
Original post by YankeeUK2008
Point is, will I even get an honest answer out of a woman like this or will I just get ignored, a lie or accuse me?

i think she'll do what you write above...but i suggest you see what Davidtheyoung has to to offer :wink:

You're over-thinking a ridiculously simple task; just make sure that you're never in the same room alone with her.
Talk to your girlfriend and let her know that you're uncomfortable with being alone in the same room as her mother due to her overly flirty nature, and you don't want something like that (her flirty nature) coming between the two of you (you and your girlfriend). Simple.
Reply 8
Original post by Drunk Punx
You're over-thinking a ridiculously simple task; just make sure that you're never in the same room alone with her.
Talk to your girlfriend and let her know that you're uncomfortable with being alone in the same room as her mother due to her overly flirty nature, and you don't want something like that (her flirty nature) coming between the two of you (you and your girlfriend). Simple.

Great so I am going to be uncomfortable every time I do over there and cannot do a darn thing about it?

It seems like confronting her would apparently be the worst thing.

Lately she hasn't been as flirty, she might be getting the hint, but for some reason I do not think it's over.
Reply 9
Next time take your 'brother' lol
Great so I am going to be uncomfortable every time I do over there and cannot do a darn thing about it?

It seems like confronting her would apparently be the worst thing.

Lately she hasn't been as flirty, she might be getting the hint, but for some reason I do not think it's over.

No, you completely missed the point. TELL YOUR GIRLFRIEND THAT YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE BEING LEFT ALONE WITH HER MOTHER DUE TO HER OVER-FLIRTY NATURE.

If your girlfriend doesn't leave you alone in a room with her, you have nothing to be uncomfortable about. Sorted :yy:
Either that or just stay in your girlfriends room. Or have her over at your place more often, whichever is easier and more suitable.
Reply 11
Original post by Drunk Punx
No, you completely missed the point. TELL YOUR GIRLFRIEND THAT YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE BEING LEFT ALONE WITH HER MOTHER DUE TO HER OVER-FLIRTY NATURE.

If your girlfriend doesn't leave you alone in a room with her, you have nothing to be uncomfortable about. Sorted :yy:
Either that or just stay in your girlfriends room. Or have her over at your place more often, whichever is easier and more suitable.

I've told her already. She thinks that's just her nature but doesn't think she will actually try anything. I think differently though.

I mean she pretty much said right in front of her daughter and I that if she messes things up with me that she's keeping me.
I've told her already. She thinks that's just her nature but doesn't think she will actually try anything. I think differently though.

I mean she pretty much said right in front of her daughter and I that if she messes things up with me that she's keeping me.

...wow. That's scary. Not creepy, it's past creepy. It's pretty much downright frightening, to be honest.
Unless she's a MILF. Then it's kinda hot, but society/morality say that you probably shouldn't go there even if you and your girlfriend separate.

I dunno dude, in that case it's best to just not think about it. Your girlfriend clearly thinks that her mother is joking, so for the mean time best to just go along with that.
If you end up having a serious talk with her mother about, and it turns out that she is just joking, then things could get very ugly very quickly.
Reply 13
So I am not crazy, right? That does not sound like the typical stuff a mother says to her daughters bf's?

I thought maybe I was the crazy one thinking there was something there but as it turns out she may want to sleep with me.

My gf took that line to mean, "if she messes up the relationship with me, she'll still be friends with me". But who stays friends with daughters ex-bfs? It had to be innuendo.

I mean there is more, like the time she called me up and chatted with me over the phone for like two hours, she sounded like she was on something or a bit drunk and railed on about how bad her husband is.

Not to mention nearly everyone in the family knows about her infidelity, and especially if my gf's sisters warned her to watch out for me because "mom will try to get me".

But just to make this clear, this is not normal stuff that mom's tell their daughters bfs, right? Even in jest?

The last thing she did was take a photo of me on on the couch on my b-day, and sent it to my gf with the caption "big hunk".

Please advise. She's not ugly, but she's no MILF like Demi Moore. I am not attracted to her though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Hello?
So I am not crazy, right? That does not sound like the typical stuff a mother says to her daughters bf's?

I thought maybe I was the crazy one thinking there was something there but as it turns out she may want to sleep with me.

My gf took that line to mean, "if she messes up the relationship with me, she'll still be friends with me". But who stays friends with daughters ex-bfs? It had to be innuendo.

I mean there is more, like the time she called me up and chatted with me over the phone for like two hours, she sounded like she was on something or a bit drunk and railed on about how bad her husband is.

Not to mention nearly everyone in the family knows about her infidelity, and especially if my gf's sisters warned her to watch out for me because "mom will try to get me".

But just to make this clear, this is not normal stuff that mom's tell their daughters bfs, right? Even in jest?

The last thing she did was take a photo of me on on the couch on my b-day, and sent it to my gf with the caption "big hunk".

Please advise. She's not ugly, but she's no MILF like Demi Moore. I am not attracted to her though.

Tell you GF first
Reply 16
why did you let her chat with you for 2 whole hours?
Don't let her do that again!
Ok well if she says stuff like, "I wanted to take a picture of you with your shirt off and send it to your gf". "Tell your gf I'll trade her men" while lightly stroking your back. Also, talking about her relationship with her husband is dead and he ain't getting any from her. Also telling me to take off my shirt when I work on their yard.

Do these sound like normal things a girls mother tells her daughters bf?

2/10
Reply 18
Original post by SweetsAndSugar
2/10

???
Reply 19
Original post by Neomaster121
Tell you GF first

She already knows. She thinks she is just being jokingly flirty.

why did you let her chat with you for 2 whole hours?
Don't let her do that again!

Why not? What does that say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending