The Student Room Group

Why Are English Females So Overweight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WordLife
I doubt it. Don't think all that drinking, partying, overeating and sleeping around doesn't have an effect. It will. You're still young. You have time to save yourself. The alcohol really does destroy your liver and skin.

Whether you agree with the party lifestyle or not, sleeping around doesn't have an effect on your looks or your body. Either decide whether you're arguing the 'you're poisoning your body' point or the whole party lifestyle in general, but don't just shove the arguments together and expect it to make sense. There are plenty of people who don't go clubbing, yet eat unhealthily and put on excess weight. There are also plenty of people who go clubbing regularly, yet eat healthily in their day-to-day life and go to the gym often.

You're not really saying anything here except for, "I treat my body like a temple, and that makes me a better person than everybody else". You're just being obnoxious for the sake of it. Whatever you wanna do is your deal, people can do whatever they want because there's more than 1 way to live to enjoy yourself.
Reply 41
Original post by Vikki1805
But not all, and if someone is over weight to an extent that they are unhealthy, men can't 'solve it.'
If someone wants to lose weight, they have to want to enough and then they will. Nobody can make them.
Also, some women can be over weight but still be healthy and happy, why should that mean they shouldn't have a relationship and have children?
I have a friend who was very large and yes she had to lose some weight to get pregnant, and she did although she is still a very large lady. But she is married and has her son on the way.

Also some men actually prefere fatter size 14 girls, in fact it seems to be the larger girls that are having more babies according to my facebook observations
Reply 42
Original post by almosttrue
if anything women tend to say im quite pretty its the guys that blank me. To be honest tho even women with 'ugly' faces can have sex appeal with the way they dress and present themselves so im not totally blaming my face. I just dont give off sex appeal im not the girly feminine type and dont try to be.

Maybe you're lacking a bit in confidence. If you're being told you're quite pretty then you should start believing in yourself. It's good to have a high self esteem. Get to the right places where men notice quality women.
Reply 43
Actually I do have an unattractive face according to others im a little below average but Its not like i have a big nose, thin lips or anything I have decent features im just plain. Even so there are plenty of fat 'ugly' girls with boyfriends so why should it be my face thats affecting me.

So you're saying that girls with big noses and thin lips can't be attractive? Well that's great because I have both those features. Thanks for confirming to me that according to society, because I have those features I am immediately deemed ugly.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 44
Original post by Alt__x
So you're saying that girls with big noses and thin lips can't be attractive? Well that's great because I have both those features. Thanks for confirming to me that according to society, because I have those features I am immediately deemed ugly.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I didnt say them things were ugly, I just meant that my face is in proportion.
Original post by Wilfred Little
A lot of women are but so are a lot of men.

The quality of people in the UK is generally quite low.

Yes, certainly plenty of men and women have started to 'let themselves go' a little more, but I think for OP to suggest all females in England are drug addicted, alcoholics who are obese, is wrong.

I'm proud to be English and I'm none of those things!

yea i know its not confidence tho as i ussed to think my face was ok until i realised i got no attention from guys and got rated the least attractive person (guys and overweight ppl included) in a college class lol. Didnt even ask to be it was done for some study, talk about ethics! Plus I dont wear fashionable clothes, dont like talking much and enjoy being by myself so its probably a combination of factors.

Never change who you are to be liked by others, being yourself is all you should ever be. BUT, if you want to be 'noticed' or t get more male attention, then perhaps speak up more and dress to compliment yourself.
So long as ou feel good about yourself, that is what matters! :smile:
Also some men actually prefere fatter size 14 girls, in fact it seems to be the larger girls that are having more babies according to my facebook observations

Oh yes, I never denied that.

I know plenty of attractive girls who are size 14's.

Although I mentioned size, I don't think it can determine how attractive someone is.
and a lot of British men are overweight, drinkers/smokers, belly over hanging, butt cracks showing and will sleep with anything...?

Obesity and drinking applies to both sexes, don't see why blokes always feel the need to point it out about women but find it perfectly okay for them to be like that.
Reply 48
Original post by Vikki1805
Yes, certainly plenty of men and women have started to 'let themselves go' a little more, but I think for OP to suggest all females in England are drug addicted, alcoholics who are obese, is wrong.

I'm proud to be English and I'm none of those things!

Never change who you are to be liked by others, being yourself is all you should ever be. BUT, if you want to be 'noticed' or t get more male attention, then perhaps speak up more and dress to compliment yourself.
So long as ou feel good about yourself, that is what matters! :smile:

yeh true, but I hear that 'dont change you are to be liked' by loads but it seems that everyone does dress to what society deems attractive and follows the social rules to fit in. Most women tend to dye their hair, wear heels (which cant be comfy) to be liked by others.
Reply 49
I am not even going to bother reading replies because they are probably full of quotes like: "curvy girls can be pretty" or "its to do with genetics".

British girls are the fattest girls in Europe. It is because they eat crap, don't exercise and drink like an absolute animals. I swear never have I ever thought that girls can drink so much like they do in Britain.

British men just have really low standards and the british girl standard is pretty low too. Every bar you go in UK is a sausage feast hence if there is 1 girl between 10 boys and even if she is fat she d probably get laid...eugh

P.S.
This doesn't go for those beautiful 3-4% of English girls who are actually attractive and don't do the above things. You girls are awesome for not stepping in the same puddle like everyone else does. Stay that way, mwah
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by dooglesballsack
and a lot of British men are overweight, drinkers/smokers, belly over hanging, butt cracks showing and will sleep with anything...?

Obesity and drinking applies to both sexes, don't see why blokes always feel the need to point it out about women but find it perfectly okay for them to be like that.

I know, one of my collegues (a 52 year old man, physically fit, not bad looking) was talking about his life and saying that he didnt think he'd find a suitable woman. Someone else said to him 'im sure you could find someone' he said 'yea only some 40 year old biddy'. The thing is he is in his 50's so what does he expect lol, 40 is young compared to him!!
Reply 51
Original post by dooglesballsack

Read the statistics and just generally have a look. There are a lot more attractive nice british lads than there are girls. Foreign girls noticed so too, lots of Czech girls told me, how the hell do British men live with "fat things" like that.
yeh true, but I hear that 'dont change you are to be liked' by loads but it seems that everyone does dress to what society deems attractive and follows the social rules to fit in. Most women tend to dye their hair, wear heels (which cant be comfy) to be liked by others.

Hmm, I guess so, but it's also to make them feel better about themselves.
I never dye my hair, although I do straighten it and I wear make-up and rather large high heels!
But that's just because it makes me feel better about myself.
I'm still happy to have curly hair, flat shoes and no make-up on, but I don't feel as confident and good about myself I guess.
Overweight English women have no problem in letting it hang out in skimpy tight clothes. Some people obviously don't take a look in the mirror in the morning. No offence, if you're big different clothes suit you, not what you saw on a size zero model.
Original post by lad-lad
how the hell do British men live with "fat things" like that.

Maybe because the men are making relationships based on more than body shape.

There are just as many overweight men as there are women, Women just seem to get more stick for it. Get over yourself and realise that nobody is perfect.
English girls are known now for being fat, loose, easy and always intoxicated. I think us men should try and improve the situation.

Original post by amyshamblesxx
& how do you plan to do that exactly?

Firstly by refusing to date/sleep with fat women. If men stop dating fat women, fat women will have no choice but to lose weight. I always see slim men with fat women, and although she might not have been fat when he met her, it is a problem.

I think you should leave guys to date the "fat women". Leaving the rest of the girls to you:colone::colone::colone: The guys dating fat women win, the "fat women" win, and the thin women get you!!!! So you win to:smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
A lot of women are but so are a lot of men.

The quality of people in the UK is generally quite low.

Woah, hold on. Excessive overstatement.

Firstly, you don't know a large majority of the UK, therefore you cannot judge UK women as a population based on narrow experience.

Secondly, since when did aesthetic appeal = quality?

Being excessively overweight to the point of it being unhealthy is one thing. But one or two stone overweight is no grounds to avoid a woman. Actually, on second thoughts, avoid all women. We don't need stuck up men like you judging girls on how they look. Society does that enough. Unless you're pretty, thin and easy, then you're pretty much screwed.

So stop hating on women who struggle with their weight just because it's not what you look for in a girl. Go find your stick thin women if you like, but don't suggest boycotts that are so shallow it's actually sickening.

I hope you're trolling, I sincerely do.
Original post by victoriagrace

Firstly, you don't know a large majority of the UK, therefore you cannot judge UK women as a population based on narrow experience.

Secondly, since when did aesthetic appeal = quality?

Being excessively overweight to the point of it being unhealthy is one thing. But one or two stone overweight is no grounds to avoid a woman. Actually, on second thoughts, avoid all women. We don't need stuck up men like you judging girls on how they look. Society does that enough. Unless you're pretty, thin and easy, then you're pretty much screwed.

So stop hating on women who struggle with their weight just because it's not what you look for in a girl. Go find your stick thin women if you like, but don't suggest boycotts that are so shallow it's actually sickening.

:biggrin:

I hope you're trolling with that post.

I was referring to the alcohol point.

Re: the "go find your skinny women" comment:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37826667#post37826667

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=37909210&postcount=50

I love larger women (like all sizes actually). Get your facts straight before you get abusive.
Firstly by refusing to date/sleep with fat women. If men stop dating fat women, fat women will have no choice but to lose weight. I always see slim men with fat women, and although she might not have been fat when he met her, it is a problem.

So let's get this straight. Your plan to accomplish something is for men to deliberately avoid sex.

I'll just let that sink in for a moment.

Ok. Men won't avoid sex. Personally, I wouldn't do a fat chick if you paid me, but there are plenty of men who will, and sexual desire is a pretty powerful force in people's lives.
Original post by victoriagrace

I totally agree! I am really disgusted by this thread:mad: and the thought that personality is irrelevant in society anymore. Society is too focused on looks, putting women down every day by conveying images of really thin women all over the media that is totally unrealistic. The point is yes there has to be a certain amount of attraction/ chemistry between people for relationships to work but if you are going to totally dismiss people for being slightly overweight or based on their looks at all then you won't find anyone.

No one is perfect, that is reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending