The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lozzielizzie
Am the same down for PSA screener but would prefer patrol guard. I sent them email asking if there anyway I can change roles. Doubt it will happen, was speaking to a guy on my PSA course who said he kept trying change to patrol but wasn't aloud.

I just spoke to call centre after being on hold for ages- no role changes allowed :frown:
(as expected)
Also, i asked if they could tell me a likely start date- reply "july sometime"
very helpfull!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1201
Original post by amirrahman1993
Hi

Ive collected my uniform accreditation and have been paid for my training which was VSCC Coms operator.

How long after you did your training were you paid??
Reply 1202
Original post by cstewart91
Yeah, exact same survey, sent to me 3 times in the space of a month, filled them all in the same and still heard nothing, also I was sent out and I filled in CCTV survey twice and still heard nothing

What are they normally meant to do after the survey; email or call u regarding passes/uniform because i received a blocked miss call today it couldve been them -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1203
How do I withdraw my application, just call them?
Reply 1204
Original post by GuitarWizard
Not for accreditation

Is it the Olympics UDAC place on Stephenson street by any chance? :getmecoat:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 1205
Original post by itshusi
Is it the Olympics UDAC place on Stephenson street by any chance? :getmecoat:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

yes 101 stephenson street.

Btw does anyone know if i can collect my uniform before my accreditation?
Original post by H.Maleki
yes 101 stephenson street.

Btw does anyone know if i can collect my uniform before my accreditation?

Yes you can I did but you need photo ID
Reply 1207

Great thanks!
Reply 1208
Original post by Akbar2k7
Its been a month and a half since my interview and I am still in vetting and checks I have had one phone call wtf is going on?

Your not the only one. I'm in the same boat. Seriously they take their time or something is really up.
Anyone got any SIA training dates for the coming weeks?
Reply 1210
Original post by niyaz93
What are they normally meant to do after the survey; email or call u regarding passes/uniform because i received a blocked miss call today it couldve been them -_-

What did the survey ask you? I never got it. I did get an email about availability though.
guys i had the SIA badge given during olympics lasts for 6months is that true, coz i need to apply SIA badge after training with bridging the gap.
does any one have a clue :smile:
Reply 1212
Does anyone know if we can get reimbursed for travelling? I live just out of London and it has been costing me a lot to travel to London for the SIA course, Rapiscan training and picking up my accreditation pass. Of course I will be doing further training which is going to cost even more!!!
Reply 1213

Can you collect your uniform/accreditation without an appointment? I'm pretty sure my accreditation is ready to be collected as I was told I passed accreditation, but I still havent been given collection details by G4S.
Reply 1214
anyone know what their email is for the security officer job ? thanks
Reply 1215
Original post by arno111
Lots of people asking for numbers, i have quite a few. These are numbers that called me which i saved, so some of them will go through to a particula person at g4s and not the general department number.

Screening - 01642 616394
Uniform booking - 0207 0685807
Accreditation booking -0207 5318473

These have worked for me when i called them and wanting to know something etc. You might just get an answer phone but leave a message and see what happens.

What are these two numbers for exactly? Booking uniform/accreditation collection or information? and are they G4S's numbers or the London 2012 UDAC's numbers?
Reply 1216
G4S have only just got round to phoning my personal references, and the application has now passed screening.

I phoned up G4S to try and book an SIA training date, yet they're all taken and she couldnt tell me when more would be availbale. Just plan to call back on Monday.

Overall however, this would mean i wouldnt be able to start SIA training or any training until either the 2nd July or 9th July, and then I'd have role specific after that....then this accreditation thing i've read about.

Could anyone who has already been through the process advise whether it is worth still going for this? As I'm getting more and more worried that the later i finally manage to get training booked, the less chance I'll have of having everything sorted by the 27th July when the olympics starts.... Which in turn would make it less likely for me to get 5 shifts, and hence payment for the training, and ergo any sort of acceptable financial compensation for the sort of time I'd be devoting to the whole process.

Would people say it's not worth trying at this point?
Reply 1217
Original post by ostego
G4S have only just got round to phoning my personal references, and the application has now passed screening.

I phoned up G4S to try and book an SIA training date, yet they're all taken and she couldnt tell me when more would be availbale. Just plan to call back on Monday.

Overall however, this would mean i wouldnt be able to start SIA training or any training until either the 2nd July or 9th July, and then I'd have role specific after that....then this accreditation thing i've read about.

Could anyone who has already been through the process advise whether it is worth still going for this? As I'm getting more and more worried that the later i finally manage to get training booked, the less chance I'll have of having everything sorted by the 27th July when the olympics starts.... Which in turn would make it less likely for me to get 5 shifts, and hence payment for the training, and ergo any sort of acceptable financial compensation for the sort of time I'd be devoting to the whole process.

Would people say it's not worth trying at this point?

I have SIA training next week but I'm not doing it, I'm withdrawing my application cos they ****ed me about too much.
Reply 1218
i finished my SIA training on thursday, i got PSA and DSA/TED training in july, anyone been to any of these training days? what do they do there and what's the dress code?
Reply 1219
Anyone scheduled for SIA Training in London next week (Mon-Fri), but based in the Midlands? I rang the call centre about transportation/accomodation, and they said I'd be booked in for neither, but that I should be able to do the SIA Training in Coventry, however, I won't be contacted about this until Tuesday, which means that given their disorganisation, I'll likely not be contacted at all and marked in as absent from the London course, as theres no option to decline it on the email like there was for my VSA training, which I did last week.

Not quite sure what to do, whole thing is an absolute farce.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending