The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Thank you again! Gosh that makes so much sense, it would have been incredibly prudent to have taken the opportunity when everyone else was starting out (in a way I did but too many people signed up for the external ones :/). I think the internal competitions are still in their initial stages so I will email the organisers as soon as possible. I have to do it at some point - why not now...:redface:

FWIW I'd bet good money that Lord Pannick is still ******** absolute bricks every time he stands up in court.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
FWIW I'd bet good money that Lord Pannick is still ******** absolute bricks every time he stands up in court.

He is up against the finest legal minds in the country though.
Original post by tehforum
He is up against the finest legal minds in the country though.

And at any stage, you're likely to be up against people at or around your own level.
Thank you again! Gosh that makes so much sense, it would have been incredibly prudent to have taken the opportunity when everyone else was starting out (in a way I did but too many people signed up for the external ones :/). I think the internal competitions are still in their initial stages so I will email the organisers as soon as possible. I have to do it at some point - why not now...:redface:

If it helps, my friend got a pupillage when he hadn't done any mooting until the BPTC (he did the LLB and an LLM, then BPTC and mooted a bit on the BPTC but nothing major). It wasn't a top set or anything and the pay was pretty dire, but he did pupillage and then tenancy straight away up north. So it's never too late to start :smile:
Original post by infairverona
If it helps, my friend got a pupillage when he hadn't done any mooting until the BPTC (he did the LLB and an LLM, then BPTC and mooted a bit on the BPTC but nothing major). It wasn't a top set or anything and the pay was pretty dire, but he did pupillage and then tenancy straight away up north. So it's never too late to start :smile:

Thanks, that's reassuring. :biggrin: I'm going to start mooting as soon as the next opportunity arises, but it's good to know that it isn't necessarily make or break for my legal career to do it imminently.
Reply 8345
If you have to choose the University now, which one of the below will be chosen:

Kent

Lancaster

Liverpool

Newcastle

Many thanks
Original post by cikoni
If you have to choose the University now, which one of the below will be chosen:

Kent

Lancaster

Liverpool

Newcastle

Many thanks

Probably Newcastle. Or Liverpool. But it would depend on where you live, if you want to be reasonably close to home, which one you like, etc.
Reply 8347
Original post by infairverona
Probably Newcastle. Or Liverpool. But it would depend on where you live, if you want to be reasonably close to home, which one you like, etc.

My daughter is EU student, she choose Kent for now. We still thinking about it.
Many thanks.
Original post by cikoni
My daughter is EU student, she choose Kent for now. We still thinking about it.
Many thanks.

You or your daughter can contact the universities directly. Their details are on their websites, it might be more helpful than here.
Hi guys, question for consumer law, should the gov have greater power to deal with manufacturers of unsafe products?
Original post by sabakahmed
Hi guys, question for consumer law, should the gov have greater power to deal with manufacturers of unsafe products?

That would be an ecumenical matter

Yes.

Or no.

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.

Or no.

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but I'm really struggling with how to back it up, sigh. So far written 500 words on describing the current powers availble just don't know how to proceed with actually answering the damn question. :frown:
Yes but I'm really struggling with how to back it up, sigh. So far written 500 words on describing the current powers availble just don't know how to proceed with actually answering the damn question. :frown:

Ok, what do you think?

Why?

What academic literature on the subject have you read and why do you agree/disagree with it?
Original post by Mimir
That would be an ecumenical matter

Okay, do the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland think that the government should have greater involvement in product safety?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, what do you think?

Why?

What academic literature on the subject have you read and why do you agree/disagree with it?

thanks for your response lets see how it goes
im a master student " public law"
Exam season is coming up soon and I have no idea what to expect. :O
Original post by JohnGreek
When are your exams? :3

They start in early May :redface:
They start in early May :redface:

Expect some questions to answer.

Latest

Trending

Trending