The Student Room Group

Latest You Gov poll shows 7% majority for Leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
We have so much influence we have been against something like 70 measures and all have passed.

How many have we we been in favour of that passed?

And what do you mean by "we". Do you mean the British government or do you mean MEPs from all UK parties?
Original post by Warminator
How does our own government feel in terms of the leave campaign are they split evenly or more focused towards one extreme/side.

The very large majority of MPs in parliament want to stay in the EU.

A smaller, but still very significant, majority of Conservative MPs (the party of Government) also want to Remain.

So the democratically elected representatives in the UK are for Remain...

But if there is a winning Leave vote in the Referendum, in my view, it is likely to trigger a general election.

Edited to update comment about government/party stance. And further updated to include graphic:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
The very large majority of MPs in parliament want to stay in the EU.

A smaller, but still very significant, majority of government ministers also want to Remain.

So the democratically elected representatives in the UK are for Remain...

But if there is a winning Leave vote in the Referendum, in my view, it is likely to trigger a general election.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do realise a greater proportion of government ministers are remain than MPs overall, remember that their jobs may depend on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
You do realise a greater proportion of government ministers are remain than MPs overall, remember that their jobs may depend on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I was probably thinking of the Conservative party rather than government. What's the split in the government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Ah, I was probably thinking of the Conservative party rather than government. What's the split in the government?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cabinet is 5 leave of 22 (for some reason I was thinking it was about 30), as for the wider government I don't have the specific figures but I am unaware of a single junior minister for leaving (and there are rather a lot of them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
People arriving at this thread, please note this isn't the "latest YouGov poll" any more, the thread about the most recent one is here.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176194
Reply 426
If you Anglobros vote to Leave the EU I will never say a bad word about you in real life.
Original post by nulli tertius
How many have we we been in favour of that passed?

And what do you mean by "we". Do you mean the British government or do you mean MEPs from all UK parties?

I'm not sure

That is the amount of times the mep's have voted no.
Original post by joecphillips
I'm not sure

That is the amount of times the mep's have voted no.

We have won the vote on 2,466 occasions, versus 56 loses.

Spoiler

Carry on the discussion in the new updated thread
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 429
Original post by jneill
We have won the vote on 2,466 occasions, versus 56 loses.

Spoiler

Carry on the discussion in the new updated thread

This is like saying you have a very good chauffeur because he's only deliberately slammed the car into a wall 56 times you've had him give you a lift

Might want to add on our 72 defeats in the Council to that figure too
Original post by EuanF
This is like saying you have a very good chauffeur because he's only deliberately slammed the car into a wall 56 times you've had him give you a lift

It is more like saying that he's a crap football manager because he's lost 56 out of the 2466 matches his side played over his career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending