The Student Room Group

Do I have to list ALL of my GCSE results on my uni application?

I got majority 7s 8s and 9s in my subjects, including 9s in science and english and a 7 in maths, but i failed french (3) do i have to list my french grade when applying to unis that only require grades in english, maths and science?
Original post by evemcelr12
I got majority 7s 8s and 9s in my subjects, including 9s in science and english and a 7 in maths, but i failed french (3) do i have to list my french grade when applying to unis that only require grades in english, maths and science?

Did you put the French grade on?
You don't necessarily need to list every single GCSE 😄

I got a rubbish GCSE in Art but good grades in everything else. It wasn't a core subject like Maths/English and not a relevant subject to my degree so I just didn't put it on the list 🤭

You do however need to list your A Level or equivalent grades

Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Original post by EssexStudentRep

I got a rubbish GCSE in Art but good grades in everything else. It wasn't a core subject like Maths/English and not a relevant subject to my degree so I just didn't put it on the list 🤭

Thanks for your response! If you don’t mind me asking, if I got a grade 6 in a GCSE subject and now have been predicted an A* for that same subject at a level, does that look ‘dodgy’ to unis? (I worked really hard for that grade and when someone made this comment it really threw me off)
Original post by Hneudkejwuad
Thanks for your response! If you don’t mind me asking, if I got a grade 6 in a GCSE subject and now have been predicted an A* for that same subject at a level, does that look ‘dodgy’ to unis? (I worked really hard for that grade and when someone made this comment it really threw me off)

Hey @Hneudkejwuad 👋

That's a great question. I think including this grade would show universities your exceptional progress to get to the level you are at today. You have put in the work and it paid off so congrats on your achievement!

This is something you could mention in your personal statement as well, as an example of what you can do when you commit to improving your grades.

Other than that, it could look more 'dodgy' leaving out a GCSE subject that you also did at A Level 😉

Best wishes
Original post by EssexStudentRep

I thought it was a legal requirement to declare all of your GCSEs? Hmm- anyway thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the late reply.... :smile:
Original post by username6798326
Did you put the French grade on?

I haven't applied yet- currently in year 12 :smile: Will let you know when I do if i remember

Quick Reply

Latest