The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by why-hello-there
we've waited 6 months to get to this stage, so you'd think another couple of days would be nothing...not at all, it's torture! :tongue:

Good luck to you too!!! :smile:

ahhhhhh, tortue :frown: i just want to know already, this is driving me crazy !!
Reply 981
we've waited 6 months to get to this stage, so you'd think another couple of days would be nothing...not at all, it's torture! :tongue:

Good luck to you too!!! :smile:

I know, I would feel so much better just to know!!!! Just a couple of days will drive me insane!!!
Reply 982
I think it would feel less stressful if universities had released a specific, exact date, and sent all the offers out on a single day that we all knew a few months in advance. I understand there are logistical reasons why that would be illogical, but I think it would have been far better on my mental health/sanity. Trying to churn out three AH science investigations and study for prelims and nabs and the final exams whilst refreshing my emails every twenty minutes and constantly speculating reasons why I've still not heard with myself is not conducive to happiness, well being, or a regular sleeping pattern! :frown:
I'm beginning to lose my grip on my sanity.

I opened my inbox and saw a new message. Before I could even see who it was from I had a panic attack and nearly passed out, only to realize it was some spam mail.

A few more days of this and I'll be sent to the nut house :biggrin:! At least there I'll be with doctors.
Original post by rbtips
I think it would feel less stressful if universities had released a specific, exact date, and sent all the offers out on a single day that we all knew a few months in advance. I understand there are logistical reasons why that would be illogical, but I think it would have been far better on my mental health/sanity. Trying to churn out three AH science investigations and study for prelims and nabs and the final exams whilst refreshing my emails every twenty minutes and constantly speculating reasons why I've still not heard with myself is not conducive to happiness, well being, or a regular sleeping pattern! :frown:

^^Couldn't have put it any better :tongue:
Reply 985
Have any of those with offers got anything directly from Dundee? Thought we would have a confirmation email/letter by now... Not that I don't trust Ucas :P
Reply 986
Original post by crooney
Have any of those with offers got anything directly from Dundee? Thought we would have a confirmation email/letter by now... Not that I don't trust Ucas :P

Don't think you'll get that without firming and, therefore, declining/withdrawing/rejection from other choices.
Reply 987
I just called Dundee to enquire about undergraduate medicine offers. The lady said that all will be handed out by Friday.

So all those who haven't heard, there is hope! And I certainly don't think not having heard yet means you're a 'maybe' or borderline.

GOOD LUCK!!! :smile:

And a massive congratulations to all you lucky people with offers! I really hope I will be celebrating with you all soon :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by _Jasmine
I just called Dundee to enquire about undergraduate medicine offers. The lady said that all will be handed out by Friday.

So all those who haven't heard, there is hope! And I certainly don't think not having heard yet means you're a 'maybe' or borderline.

And a massive congratulations to all you lucky people with offers! I really hope I will be celebrating with you all soon :colondollar:

Don't know whether to be happy that it's definitely this week, or disappointed that it sounds like it won't be today :tongue:

Thanks for the update anyway :smile: and good luck!
Reply 989

oh my god so it basically means we can hear back any time from now till friday

does that mean if we dont hear back by friday its a rejection? :O

good luck
Reply 990
Don't know whether to be happy that it's definitely this week, or disappointed that it sounds like it won't be today :tongue:

Thanks for the update anyway :smile: and good luck!

Haha well, no news is good news! :smile: No problem, I just had to call in and ask 'cause I was going crazy :P Thank you!

Original post by Farwa
oh my god so it basically means we can hear back any time from now till friday

good luck

Well, she said if you still havent heard by Friday you should call in to "get an update" as she put it.

Thank you!
Original post by Farwa

I think it means we'll get replies by friday, be it an offer or rejection. Good luck!
Original post by crooney

Hmm me too. I was hoping they would be doing a post-offer open day, but maybe they're not - or perhaps just waiting to hand out all the offers before announcing the open day. Does anyone know if they've done one in previous years?

Good luck to all those waiting to hear!
I think I have a blister on my index finger now from how many times I've clicked "refresh".
Reply 994
Could anyone with offers post the last letter of their surname and date they were interviewed?

Just so I can have a bit structure to my incessant worrying :P
Reply 995
Original post by kingme
Could anyone with offers post the last letter of their surname and date they were interviewed?

Just so I can have a bit structure to my incessant worrying :P

Dundee - Interviewed 24/01/12 - Offer 09/03/12, Surname V.

But come on bro, there's no order to any of this pish. It could be pulling names out a hat for all we know about admissions decisions.

I don't wanna tell you not to worry... but... I dunno do something to pass the time :tongue: it'll go easier on you.
Reply 996
Original post by Vox0
Dundee - Interviewed 24/01/12 - Offer 09/03/12, Surname V.

But come on bro, there's no order to any of this pish. It could be pulling names out a hat for all we know about admissions decisions.

I don't wanna tell you not to worry... but... I dunno do something to pass the time :tongue: it'll go easier on you.

Yeah, I know. Completely wasn't thinking about it yesterday but it has been bugging me all day today.

Anyways, they probably work their way in from the definites to get an idea of the numbers.
Reply 997
At least we will have heard by Friday ! That's a massive improvement on 'two weeks' which is what we were working with only a day or so ago :smile: And I know it's torture, but I detest Tuesdays, as it is the only day of the week I can't really say 'well it's almost Friday'. Tomorrow's Wednesday, which is almost Thursday which is almost Friday :biggrin: chins up everyone, the 5+ months of waiting is almost over!

I will be gutted if I get rejected, but I have reached the desperate point where I will be so relieved to have been put out of my misery that it will hopefully soften the blow!
Reply 998
Well, she said if you still havent heard by Friday you should call in to "get an update" as she put it.

Thank you!

Ohhh ok thank youuu what phone number did you use???

Original post by runawayxtrain
I think it means we'll get replies by friday, be it an offer or rejection. Good luck!

i hope its just offers so that i dont have to worry about a rejection when checking track... but thats just what i hope
i do think it will be offers and rejections..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 999
I hate admissions officers! Why can't they just give us a solid date or just send everything out at once!? Thinking that this could be it every time I log into my emails is torturous, and knowing that it must be some point this week but not being sure when only amplifies that stress! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending