The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Cuth's 2009 - who's going?

Well results are out, and loads of people on TSR seem to be going to Cuth's. Thought it would be cool for us to get to know one another a bit before fresher's week!

I'm Doug, and I'm doing law. I'll be 19 when we start the course (ridiculously early birthday...) and I'm pretty massively excited about uni, it's going to be awsome.

I like singing and acting, my favourite music is jazz.

Um.

So that's the awkward bit out of the way... Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not a Cuther, however I will probably be seeing you in lectures, fellow lawyer!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Kyte
I'm not a Cuther, however I will probably be seeing you in lectures, fellow lawyer!

Awsome! I also see that you have a hammer and sickle as your flag, which means we probably agree on a whole host of things :wink:
There's not many on here actually, I've found it's mostly Trevelyan and stuff. Still, I reckon the better drinkers won't be on here so :wink:

I'll be there - we have a Facebook group too at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64688586960&ref=ts
Reply 4
I've seen ten or so, at least! Joined the group after the open day. Was anyone else at the 24/25th one?
Ooh ooh I am! Studying Classics, can't wait!
Reply 6
I think we already had a thread for this year but it's probably a few pages back :dontknow:

I'll be at Cuth's too and will do Physics. And I'm 20 already :ninja:
I'm in tooo!!!!!
Biology, St Cuths =DDDD xxxxxx
Johnny Luk
I'm in tooo!!!!!
Biology, St Cuths =DDDD xxxxxx

And also rejected my Facebook friend request ages ago. :p:
MyNameIsDave
And also rejected my Facebook friend request ages ago. :p:

What???? Did I, woah, add me again!!!

You know that Cuths wrist band that prospective students got? i wore it for like 2/3 months till the Physics exam, and then cut it off because I was so sure I cocked up big time and wasn't going to Durham, so that may have been the reason.

Sorry ^^, hope you have the heart to forgive me ;P

see you guys soon =)
Reply 10
Johnny Luk
You know that Cuths wrist band that prospective students got? i wore it for like 2/3 months till the Physics exam, and then cut it off because I was so sure I cocked up big time and wasn't going to Durham, so that may have been the reason.

Awsome, someone else did it. I can't be totally mad :biggrin:
Reply 11
adie_raz

i like indie and am quite sporty, looking to join the rowing club hopefully :biggrin:

I thought about maybe trying rowing but who knows if I'll end up doing it. Depends on how much time I have, I guess.
DougieG
Awsome, someone else did it. I can't be totally mad :biggrin:

Hahaha, well, i guess they can't blame us, the wrist band is awesome. And damn it was tough, it went through so much abuse and barely frayed!

Shame though, should have kept it on, but then again, id look a bit desperate?

Guess i may bump into you too =), when does term start anyone?
Physics 4 year course at Cuths. Does anyone know when we get accommodation information back? My first choice is a single, standard room at Parsons Field

Well done everybody!
Reply 14
Physics :five:

Has anyone received their welcome pack yet? I heard that Cuth's is more on the slow side but I was hoping that was wrong.
Software Engineering (and I'm at Cuth's obviously)

I haven't received any welcome pack or whatnot either. I replied to the accommodation letter they sent ages ago (the one with preferred location and a space for personal info and hobbies etc.) but I've had no correspondence or confirmation since then :/
Reply 16
DavidR1991
I haven't received any welcome pack or whatnot either. I replied to the accommodation letter they sent ages ago (the one with preferred location and a space for personal info and hobbies etc.) but I've had no correspondence or confirmation since then :/

No, I haven't either. I guess that they wait until after the day to send all that stuff out, its probably been too busy for them this week...
DougieG
No, I haven't either. I guess that they wait until after the day to send all that stuff out, its probably been too busy for them this week...

I got the pack today, it asks you for some medical info and lets us now we arrive on the 3rd. That's about it.

Johnny Luk
Hahaha, well, i guess they can't blame us, the wrist band is awesome. And damn it was tough, it went through so much abuse and barely frayed!

If you have a look, the wristbands were actually recycled from last year's fresher's week. They weren't even made for us. :p:
MyNameIsDave
I got the pack today, it asks you for some medical info and lets us now we arrive on the 3rd. That's about it.

If you have a look, the wristbands were actually recycled from last year's fresher's week. They weren't even made for us. :p:

Ouch, what a way to make me feel less special :frown: , im kidding. It had to go, it was covered in river water so many times it began to smell.

Yeah, the AES thing hasn't been updated for mine yet, nor did i get a pack? Should i be worried, or just chill out? I did get a letter from ucas saying congratz and stuff and reply on that as12 thing which i did? Or am i just impatient? I still have no idea where im sleeping or when to go etc!
Johnny Luk
Ouch, what a way to make me feel less special :frown: , im kidding. It had to go, it was covered in river water so many times it began to smell.

Yeah, the AES thing hasn't been updated for mine yet, nor did i get a pack? Should i be worried, or just chill out? I did get a letter from ucas saying congratz and stuff and reply on that as12 thing which i did? Or am i just impatient? I still have no idea where im sleeping or when to go etc!

I have my wristband in a folder somewhere :p:

Nah, the packs haven't been delivered to most people. I'm fairly local so mine turned up quicker. AES is rubbish anyway.

I've added you on Facebook again, my username's a hint as to who I am. Just a slight one :wink:

Latest