The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Worried about freshers week!!!

I know this is so stupid but I'm really worried about going out on freshers week, mainly because I don't know anyone at all! Surely most people have like 1 person they know, and can hang around with. It feels weird planning a night out knowing no-one. Is it best to move in on sat so you will know some people to go out with?
Anyone else excited but really nervous too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dont worry you'll be fine! I don;t now anyone, everyone is in the same situation! Just go out with everyone who's in your halls!
Everything will be awesome, just buy some alcohol and you'll be fine!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I don't know anyone either!
I know absalutly NOBODY as well, scary stuff but everyone's in the same position. I'm going to go with my flat mates have a drink to relax and hopefully meet lots of nice people :smile: We'll be fine.
Reply 4
well you now know eachother! you're welcome to talk to me, i'm going to be one of the most keeno HELLO I'LL TALK TO ANYONE HIII people there, i think. and one of the most nervous.
remember that 99% of people are the same as you - you'll be the majority. freaks like me who are insane and talk to everyone about anything are the minority. and will probably end up the outcasts :smile:

...no wait yes still talk to me.
Reply 5
me neither, everyone will be in the same boat OP so try not to worry, Ive joined a few freshers groups on facebook and got to know quite a few people who are really nice which has calmed my nerves slightly, also I found people who are going from near me :smile: x
doggyfizzel
Surely most people have like 1 person they know, and can hang around with.

I do not know where you got this idea. 99% of freshers know absolutely nobody.
Well I'm glad you all have no friends!:yep:

What is the dress code for the ball?
Reply 8
I don't know anyone at all, not one single person I know who's going to uni out of my school and friends is even going to London, or anywhere near it...so I'm on my owwwn, and happy about it! Can't wait to meet NEW people :biggrin:
aha, I've been through freshers week before - so, a second timer:smile:

tis pretty crap though not knowing anyone, cos quite often people are quick to form 'cliques' which is a bit mehh
Reply 10
liljaforever
I'm rather worried that people might think me unsociable because I don't drink - which I am not by the way :biggrin:. And I don't know anyone either.

I had started to think the same thing but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be the only ones.
UCL is ******* awesome, you'll love it. (And I don't even go there).
Freshers week is going to be quite nerve-racking at first because i know a few people also going UCL this year but we are all in different departments...I'm going to be on my own. The experience of having to meet new people all over again sounds daunting yet exciting
I won't know anyone either.
Everyone is in the same (or similar) boat. It's the perfect time to make friends! Give it a go :smile:
Im all alone too if it makes you feel better, ill be living 4 and a half hours away from home at the other side of the country. I try to not think about that though and hope I'd make friends, i just hope everyone else is in the same situation!
I'll be the one walking around Ramsey hall for no particular reason looking for friends and making random conversation. Parties @ my floor by the way everyone I'm investing in an insane sound system :biggrin:
Reply 16
I won't know anyone either. I have some friends at UCL already, but they're all a year ahead of me (I took a gap year) so they won't be at the Fresher's things. Or if they are, it'll be with their other uni friends. Most people won't know anyone.
Reply 17
I think everyone has been worried about meeting people at some point, it's normal. It's definitely gonna be a scary experience meeting people all over again, especially since there's gonna be so many people to meet!

PokerHead
I'll be the one walking around Ramsey hall for no particular reason looking for friends and making random conversation. Parties @ my floor by the way everyone I'm investing in an insane sound system :biggrin:

Haha! That's gonna make you either uber popular or uber unliked. :p:
It will be no problem because of your age, had you been in your twenties I would say maybe because people think when people get around 22 they dont like partying but thats not a problem for you.
If it bothers you that much you can hang out with me.

That goes for anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending