The Student Room Group

Resit one GCSE module whilst doing AS?

I did AQA Chemistry GCSE.
In unit 3, i didn't do as well as i had hoped and this brought my grade down to a B. I realli wanted an A and so i thought maybe if i resat just one module (that being unit 3) at the same time as i did my AS Chem and other A-level choices i could get my grade up. I was wondering if this is possible or would i be giving myself too much work.
I am pretty sure unit 3 Chemistry GCSE links in with the AQA Chemistry AS too. Perhaps it wouldnt be too much work?
It depends. With the modular nature of the course, you could take it in November, which would be before your first AS level modules in the following January. It is only really worthwhile if you were a few marks from obtaining the next grade - in which case, a remark might be a better option, but bear in mind that grades can go down as well as increase, but it is unlikely to vary by any significant degree. There are always exceptions, though. I think you are right to suggest that AS will feed in to the GCSE. Unless you are intending to enter a scientnfic career, the AS level will supersede the GCSE, but I admire your commitment and determination. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Reply 2
fineanddandy
It depends. With the modular nature of the course, you could take it in November, which would be before your first AS level modules in the following January. It is only really worthwhile if you were a few marks from obtaining the next grade - in which case, a remark might be a better option, but bear in mind that grades can go down as well as increase, but it is unlikely to vary by any significant degree. There are always exceptions, though. I think you are right to suggest that AS will feed in to the GCSE. Unless you are intending to enter a scientnfic career, the AS level will supersede the GCSE, but I admire your commitment and determination. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Thankyou :smile:. I want to do medicine which is probabli why i realli wanted that A along with the fact that i worked so hard. Just not hard enough! I think the Unit 2 and Unit 3 modules are onli available during the January and May/June exam series. I guess i could look into it though just to be sure. I should probabli talk to my teachers too and get an opinion from their veiws before i decide anything but yeah, i realli wanted that A.

Latest