The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heyy :smile:

Well It Was My First Day Today, And It Wasn't Too Strenuous :]

Although We Did Have To Listen To A LONG assembly by our head of year and headteacher going on about results and how well the last year 11 had done (85% 5 A*-C) And How They Expect Us To Do EVEN better!! :eek:

Hows Year 11 Going For You? What Subjects Are You Taking? :smile:
Reply 2
More relaxed than anticipated... but we have English lan exam in the 4th of november! For coursework, only graphics (regret this subject choice soooo much), ict, physics and chemistry to go.
Reply 3
The days are going fast already :O
Reply 4
i spent year 10 doing sweet FA (except IT where i did one CW and Science where i sat modulars) now im doing ALL my coursework at once
Reply 5
It's going well; better than year 10; and its proper tiring.
Have two english courseworks; original writing for next week, and charles dickens for next month.
Also, have a history coursework coming.
So pretty busy uno' :frown:
Year 11 goes so fast, enjoy it!
Absolutely agree with what TheMeister said - really, enjoy it! College is a lot more work honestly - and that's not meant to scare you, you'll be ready for it at the end of year 11!

And good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 8
<3 biology!
Absolutely agree with what TheMeister said - really, enjoy it! College is a lot more work honestly - and that's not meant to scare you, you'll be ready for it at the end of year 11!

And good luck! :biggrin:

loooooooool i know but thats only if u get into college :smile:
definitely make sure you enjoy it as much as possible :teeth:

I think there was two weeks in year 11 I found genuinely stressful, which was when I was doing 8am-8pm days in school then 3/4 hours of work a night at home all because I left music, art and tech coursework to the last minute :dunce:
Good luck to you all! :smile:

Make the most of this year - you'll really miss Year 11 when you leave!
Reply 11
My school made us do most of our coursework last year.
I did all my english coursework, history coursework, some german coursework and some business & communication systems coursework in year 10. So I only have to do the rest of my german and business & communication, all of my business studies, most of my resistant materials and some more biology and ICT.
Still sounds like masses though. I feel sorry for anyone who hasnt done most of their coursework already.

Oh and I have my maths gcses on november 5th and 10th ):

Im making my mum buy me like all the revision guides I need today. Its gonna cost like £40 which is crazy.
Reply 12
emmakh123
My school made us do most of our coursework last year.
I did all my english coursework, history coursework, some german coursework and some business & communication systems coursework in year 10. So I only have to do the rest of my german and business & communication, all of my business studies, most of my resistant materials and some more biology and ICT.
Still sounds like masses though. I feel sorry for anyone who hasnt done most of their coursework already.

Oh and I have my maths gcses on november 5th and 10th ):

Im making my mum buy me like all the revision guides I need today. Its gonna cost like £40 which is crazy.

lol, your buying it from the wrong places :smile:
look on amazon it will cost you 10 for like 10 subjects :smile:
Reply 13
Hey guys, Am &#305;n Turkey atm so I can`t really comment about twhat y11`s l&#305;ke so far but I know that I have no Engl&#305;sh coursework left to do as our lovely teachers made us do &#305;t all &#305;n y10. Just H&#305;story, RE and sc&#305;ence left to do now! Though my H&#305;stroy was due &#305;n about 7 months ago &#305;t`s just sooo bor&#305;ng.
Poppy1992
Good luck to you all! :smile:

Make the most of this year - you'll really miss Year 11 when you leave!

True :frown:

TBH, everyone makes a big deal out of it being your GCSE year and that, but for me it was definitely the best year I spent at school. The exams only really come into it at the end of the year, for the rest of the year I found I actually had less work than before as teachers were reluctant to set long work that wasn't coursework... (though to be fair that might just be my weird school)

Anyway, have fun, it'll be great. If there was a way I could do Year 11 again I'd jump at the chance :o: No doubt I'll soon turn into one of those annoying sixth formers who spends their life hanging around the GCSE forum just to go 'AHAHAHAHAHA GCSEs are easy wait til you get to A-levels bwahaha', but until then good luck everyone :p:
We Have Certainly Gotten More Homework Than We Did In Year 10 :s-smilie:
I'm finding it quite chilled - except for one thing: Geography Coursework. It doesn't help that I hate the subject :p:
Reply 17
homework is getting piled :frown:
Reply 18
Homework..coursework...revision
Reply 19
Well I'm taking English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, Geography, RE (not sure if I'm doing the full or short course at the moment though) and German. Oh and some OCR Nationals thing for ICT and Btec thing for PE.

Luckily I took my English Lit a year early and got an A, despite getting 100% on coursework. Which gets rid of a bit of pressure this year both exam and coursework wise.

Other than that lots of "this is the most important year of your education so far" speeches. Something I'm pretty sure I've heard year after year :P Then the obvious teachers piling on coursework and homework. Thank god though that I'm currently doing my final piece of English coursework and then its just exam work.

It hasn't been that difficult so far, just a tad bit stressful knowing its my final year and having to figure out where I want to apply. At the moment none appeal though :frown:

Latest