The Student Room Group

Mature Student going for a Career Change..

Well, this is my first post here, so be gentle :biggrin:

I'm 23, and after years of dossing about, I've finally grown up and decided what I want to do in life. I've been interested in Computing for a while, however I've now decided that I would like to become a Counsellor. However, I would just like some information. I've never done anything like this before and would like to know if it would mean also having to do additional courses If/once I ended up graduating!
The Reverend
Well, this is my first post here, so be gentle :biggrin:

I'm 23, and after years of dossing about, I've finally grown up and decided what I want to do in life. I've been interested in Computing for a while, however I've now decided that I would like to become a Counsellor. However, I would just like some information. I've never done anything like this before and would like to know if it would mean also having to do additional courses If/once I ended up graduating!

I'm not familiar with counselling, but this links you to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy web page that gives advice on how to train to become a counsellor. From what I've gathered briefly skimming the text, it appears you need to do additonal courses after graduating:

http://www.bacp.co.uk/information/education/training.php

Latest

Trending

Trending