The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

karloszm
hey everyone

i was just wondering what would happen if you got to cambridge (or any uni really i suppose) and found out you didn't like it/it wasn't for you/whatever, is there any way to change uni without applying through the whole process all over again?

Thanks for any help!

You might be able to transfer to another uni, but it all depends on the two courses, the universities, the faculties, and the admissions offices. All cases are individual and are generally treated as such...

It's certainly possible, but don't count on it!
Reply 2
if you dont like it, they will obviously try and help you like it, fix whatever the problem is. If you really still can't stand it, I believe you can request moving to another university, and (as pointed out) they MAY be able to sort out a uni to accept you without the need of reapplying through ucas etc etc.

but why on earth would you suggest you wouldnt like cambridge¬!?
Reply 3
stress. exams. general difficultness of work.

family problems.
Reply 4
Family problems? wow, that's a cool one. is it your real family or your college family?
Reply 5
i dont have family problems. well my college family...but that's a different story...

say someone's parent died for example.
Reply 6
Lozza
i dont have family problems. well my college family...but that's a different story...

say someone's parent died for example.

:eek: I am sorry for your loss.
Reply 7
Camford
:eek: I am sorry for your loss.

NO!!! my parents haven't died! and neither have my college parents! i'm not talking about me!! i'm talking about hypothetical problems that could potentially happen to anyone but most definitely haven't happened to me. :smile:
Reply 8
Lozza
NO!!! my parents haven't died! and neither have my college parents! i'm not talking about me!! i'm talking about hypothetical problems that could potentially happen to anyone but most definitely haven't happened to me. :smile:

I seem to remember some saying that her father died earlier this year in the oxford forum or somewhere. So it can happen.

Depression due to homesickness is another thing. My friend at Oxford gets that at the beginning of every term.

Another kind of family problem could be you mother never stops harrassing you with phone calls :mad:.
Reply 9
Camfo is confuzzled...I haven't said hi to Camfo in ageeeeesss! :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 10
minimo
Camfo is confuzzled...I haven't said hi to Camfo in ageeeeesss! :biggrin: :wink:

Hello:smile:.

Confuzzled because of physics. Physics is bad for your health. In fact, all cambridge degrees should come with a health warning sticker, be it alcoholic related or work stress related, or maybe even radiation related.
Reply 11
Hello you! :biggrin:
but it will never be TSR related! :wink:
Reply 12
minimo
Hello you! :biggrin:
but it will never be TSR related! :wink:

I'm good at making salad for TSR and TSR only :wink: useful when you want to confuzzle someone else.
Camford
I seem to remember some saying that her father died earlier this year in the oxford forum or somewhere. So it can happen.

F.Poste - she's at oxford and degraded as a result.

MB
Reply 14
Lozza
stress. exams. general difficultness of work.

Nah, that's just exam term for you. You get used to it.
If life were easy then it would be no fun!

A.
Reply 15
Alaric
Nah, that's just exam term for you. You get used to it.
If life were easy then it would be no fun!

A.

i dont know what your idea of fun is.
Reply 16
Lozza
i dont know what your idea of fun is.

I'm very competitive and I do honestly like a challenge. Like I'm much happier playing badminton against people better than me because it gives me a chance to improve.

If you didn't have exams, and work and things then what would be the point in life? What would be motivating you to keep going?

If you don't try, you'll never succeed.

A.
Reply 17
Alaric
I'm very competitive and I do honestly like a challenge. Like I'm much happier playing badminton against people better than me because it gives me a chance to improve.

If you didn't have exams, and work and things then what would be the point in life? What would be motivating you to keep going?

If you don't try, you'll never succeed.

A.

i have motivation enough from just wanting to understand the subject. I dont like being tested on it. For example, I really like some of the stuff we have done in computing, but I detest being tested - like Java, I am really pleased I can now say I kind of know how to program in java....but I wouldnt want someone questioning me over it cos I'm not v good at recalling stuff. But I understand how to code in java, and so given the API and a computer I could happily write a program and then test it etc etc.
Reply 18
I sense great fear in you, young sky... willa.

Remember that 2nd Java question from the exam? do that. I'm going to give it a go when I'm done with exams and relaxing in my bedroom in leicester.
Reply 19
Try not to go blind whilst...Relaxing.

Latest

Trending

Trending