The Student Room Group

Certificate in healthcare science at Lincoln

I am really interested in the course but have some questions and wondered if anyone here had done it.
It says on the website you can chose 4 medical schools and use it as a 5th option. Does that mean even though the requirements are CCC, you could apply with AAB?
Also the entry requirements say about parents going to university. Which parent do you use if you only live with one. My dad didnt go, and I live with him, whereas my mum went to university but I don't live with her.
Also what other courses are there like this? I know there is one at Lancaster but not too sure what the requirments are for that one either.

Any help? xxx
Reply 1
Hey im going for it, even though i am predicited AAA lol, because i fit the social criteria i think you should go for it aswell and im not too sure but i think both parents are supposed to not have gone to uni but dont quote me on it. Just Give them a ring.
I don't think I'll ever understand the relevence between parents going to Uni and your ability to perform.
Reply 3
Does that mean even though the requirements are CCC, you could apply with AAB?

:facepalm:

I don't think I'll ever understand the relevence between parents going to Uni and your ability to perform.

It is for the purposes of widening access to potential first generation university students.
hmm... Does anyone know whether they take resitters? I called them last week and they said they haven't got the full information on that course yet :s-smilie:
digitalis
:facepalm:

It is for the purposes of widening access to potential first generation university students.

But what difference does it make if its a first or second generation? It *could* have some sort of generalisation with income too but I suspect there is a household income limit too.

So what's the point?
Reply 6
RollerBall
But what difference does it make if its a first or second generation? It *could* have some sort of generalisation with income too but I suspect there is a household income limit too.

So what's the point?

The point is to get people who wouldn't otherwise be going into higher education into uni! The trend is that if your parents didn't go to uni, you aren't likely to go to uni.
Reply 7
do you need science a levels to apply for this course?
digitalis
The point is to get people who wouldn't otherwise be going into higher education into uni! The trend is that if your parents didn't go to uni, you aren't likely to go to uni.

I meant to ask why the trend is like that though. I know that it's to get them into higher education, but I just don't understand why if your parents didn't get into higher education why you wouldn't either.
Reply 9
Working class background, lower incomes, stigmatisation, peer pressure not to go, school leavers bla bla bla.
Reply 10
Hey everyone I'm on the course doing Medicine at the moment - the course is very competitive this year 160 people applied for 10 places for Medicine - And yes they do take re-takers, well from they did when i applied so im not 100% sure this year - anymore questions just PM me

Latest

Trending

Trending