The Student Room Group
If he's willing he should be able to :smile:
discombobulation
If he's willing he should be able to :smile:

Good. But would it be legitimate enough to get me offers?
RamocitoMorales

Well...as your external he's as valid as any other person and a tutor who probably knows your skills/abilities quite well if he teaches you privately.

Are you hoping to study something maths-related at university?
discombobulation
Are you hoping to study something maths-related at university?

You could say that......

Spoiler

RamocitoMorales
You could say that......

Spoiler

haha well fair enough - in that context he would be a perfect referee! who knows any better about your mathematical ability?
Reply 6
RamocitoMorales

I think what's normally done is that there are comments from each of your different subject teachers about how you've done in your lessons, so there is a more balanced overview. Is there no way you can go back to your old school/college and ask for a reference?
Though I suppose it might be ok to have your tutor, I suppose that's what home schooled applicants do?
ily_em
I think what's normally done is that there are comments from each of your different subject teachers about how you've done in your lessons, so there is a more balanced overview. Is there no way you can go back to your old school/college and ask for a reference?

No, my connections are completely cut off with my old school. In terms of teachers, I've just got 2 Maths tutors.
Reply 8
You'll have to use the Maths tutors then, it doesn't look like you have any other option :smile: It should be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending