The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im pretty sure you have too do the two years at college because when you complete it, it is then the equivalent of 3 levels, and thats what Uni offers are based on
I think they are thinking of a HND rather than a BTEC National Diploma?
Reply 3
Oh, I don't know then sorry
Reply 4
anyone else know?
Reply 5
????
Reply 6
im on my second year of my btec national diploma in business , you have to finish the 2 year corse in college.
wt i wanted to ask was with having 7 gcses including maths and english above grade c inlcluding my Btec national at a grade of ddm or ddd would i be able to get into a main uni such as sheffield main, im asking becasue ive read up on the entry requriements on universities and they accept them but people keep saying universites will not allow it can anybody help me out with this one, as i dnt want to put the effort not having time to sociallise and get ddd and end up in a crap uni
Isaq
Reply 7
On my second year of Btec Nat. Dip. In science, You have to do the full 2 years at college as then it is equivalent to 3 a-levels, after 1 year it is only equivalent to 1 FULL a-level (or 1.5 a-levels).

Your friend maybe thinking of a HND not a Btec.
Reply 8
Isaq
im on my second year of my btec national diploma in business , you have to finish the 2 year corse in college.
wt i wanted to ask was with having 7 gcses including maths and english above grade c inlcluding my Btec national at a grade of ddm or ddd would i be able to get into a main uni such as sheffield main, im asking becasue ive read up on the entry requriements on universities and they accept them but people keep saying universites will not allow it can anybody help me out with this one, as i dnt want to put the effort not having time to sociallise and get ddd and end up in a crap uni
Isaq

I got accepted into several Russell group uni's with DDD, although the personal statement and interviews were just as important. I'd apply to several universities of varying quality, so you have something to fall back on.
Isaq
Isaq

BTECs can get you into good universities. The uni would not say that it accepts BTECs if it didn't accept them :smile:
Reply 10
ok thankyou for your comments
i have another questions in relation to this
though i will be 21 when applying for uni can this affect my application, and if i choose to study law at uni will it not be difficult seen as i havent studied a level law, also how much percent of a course as such is exam/coursework related?

Latest

Trending

Trending