The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ditto

same texts and everything. not having read the handmaid's tale (yet), i bought an advanced york notes which i spotted by chance in my local book shop. not having read them yet, i can't really pass judgement lol.

it's quite cool how the questions are written so that they cover most elements of satire in a general way, and you can bring in as much external reading as you want. as long as it's connected with satire.
Reply 2
i'm doing this paper but for post colonial literature - texts i'm studying are white teeth and my beautiful laundrette. anyone else studying these texts?
Reply 3
I'm worried about the 'Unseen' question...analysing and writing an essay on an extract of poetry/novel/play that I've never seen before in exam conditions - never gonna happen! :frown:
Reply 4
That is so annoying im doin OCR English too, for our synoptic we are doing post-1945 drama. Satire would be so much better because I read the odd few books but I have never picked up and read a play! So have much less further reading to bring in. Anyone else doing this module?

Latest

Trending

Trending